So Far So Good
By the_lab_rat on
2011 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
A joy to drive. Great acceleration for a 5K Lb SUV. Still under the initial 1K mile first service and the MPG has been just about double that of my 99 Dakota 4X4 standard cab with the 318. Very little push in the corners, and less body roll than I had prepared myself for. (test drove a crew as there were no R/Ts available at the time of purchase). Only 2 options that I ordered were Trailer&Tow and Entry Level NAV.
Favorite Features
The R/T braking is just too smooth to believe!! The traction controlled AWD is so far very slick. The jury is still out on snow filled streets.
Suggested Improvements
Correct Mirror placement is a MUST on this SUV. The blind-spots rear left and right are much larger than they were with the Dakota, so a bit of adjustment in driving style has had to be made on my part. The lack of an Oil Pressure gauge and Volt Meter are a bit annoying. Come on guys! There was room for them!! The biggest gripe was not in the vehicle, but in the delivery. Signed the sales order on an R/T AWD that was already "on order" from the dealership, with a delivery date of 4-6 weeks. At 8 weeks it left Detroit bound for Minnesota (so Dodge Customer Service stated after a heated exchange) at 10 weeks it finally hit the dealership and was delivered to me.