2011 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Possible Hemi Issue

2011 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

R/T 4dr SUV (5.7L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Possible Hemi Issue
By david59wv on

2011 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the way the car drives and handles. I am concerned over the 5.7L Hemi because when it goes into the fuel economy mode and running on 4 cylinders the car constantly has to switch 4 cylinders. This in turn gives the sensation the car has a dead miss. I have taken to dealership and they told me they all run like this so get used to it. I called the factory to discuss and possibly file a complaint but the factory rep was virtually rude. He informed me unless the dealership complained there was nothing he was going to do about it. I would advise anyone considering a purchase with a hemi engine to beware. If not resolved, will go back to GM product.

The body style and handling of vehicle is great. The interior is designed in very neat but stylish decor. The seats are comfortable and everything in the car is operator friendly and easy to use. The car has great pickup and lots of power.

Work to smooth out the running of the Hemi engine. It doesn't matter if you are running 30 miles an hour or 70 miles an hour, the enging still feels like it has a miss. We would give up a couple of miles per gallon to have a smooth running engine.