Loving this new Durango 5.7 AWD Citadel
By ozcop1 on
2011 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have only owned this SUV a week and have only driven it 300 miles. So far, I really like the ride and drive, and even the fuel mileage, which in local driving only is turning 16.2 mpg. I fully expect better mpg numbers as its broken in. I love the entertainment system, which came standard on this model and have been loading CDs to the hard drive this week. The sound system is excellent! If I have a complaint it is with the non-tilt steering wheel. The adjustable column and telescoping wheel is nice, but you have to get it adjusted just right to see all the dash and electronic read-outs. Not a big deal, but certainly different from my 05 Limited I traded in. That's only a minor issue.
Favorite Features
The electronics, including the electronic message center, Garmin GPS w/back-up camera, hard drive entertainment system, blind spot warning system, and smart distance cruise control are just a few of the many features I would consider favorite. That said, it is difficult to overlook the smooth, car-like ride and handling, and the spunky response from the 5.7 Hemi. Mine is the brilliant black with silver flecks throughout, and has drawn quite a bit of attention, both on the highway and parked.
Suggested Improvements
A true tilt steering wheel as found on earlier Durangos. It is a bit difficult to adjust the steering column and telescopic wheel and still view all gauges and dash electronics with comfort. Not a big deal as I am adjusting to not being able to tilt the steering wheel itself, as opposted to the column. Note: Your drop down does not included Citadel 5.7 AWD and I had to use the RT moniker...