Love this SUV!!!
By lisa247 on
2011 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I just bought the Durango about a month ago and truly love this vehicle!! I have been leasing a Honda Odyssey for the past three years and thought that was a fantastic vehicle for my two kids. When it comes to functionality you just can't beat the minivan. I was having a hard time trying to find a vehicle that gave me all of the things I loved about the van, but didn't look like a van. The Durango was perfect! I test drove the Ford Exlporer, Mazda CX-9, and the Chevy Traverse. Out of the four choices that gave me the third row seating, I was able to get the most amount of features for the dollar with the Durango.
Favorite Features
The Durango handles beautifully. The turning radius is awesome! Seats are comfortable, the touchscreen console for radio and phone is very user friendly and works nicely. Each row has plenty of leg room and head room, even the third row, which I was worried would be tight. In the Crew model I got the power liftgate and the sunroof and I have to say, coming from a minivan having a power operated door anywhere is fantastic! My absolute favorite thing about this Durango is the way it looks from the front. It is very sporty, and is a true eye catcher. Having the blackberry pearl paint color is an added bonus.
Suggested Improvements
If I had to suggest any improvements for this awesome SUV, it would be to change it to a 6 speed transmission. Having only 5 speed you have to get on the gas to get it to the next gear. Once you are going it is fine, and rides like a dream. Also at this point with only 1500 miles on it I am getting about 18-19 MPG with combined driving. Not bad for a new AWD SUV, of course more MPG is always better. Lastly, access to the third row is a through a second row flip seat. It would be nice if the second row slid forward for easy access. Other than the minor things, this vehicle is definately worth loooking at. Great features for the price!