Used 2011 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Durango 2011
By peri1

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my new Durango Citadel 5.8ltr for a month now and absolutely love it. It rides great, its comfortable and it has a beatiful interior. My commute is of approx 10' and the gas mileage is average for the segment. I love the interior (napa tan leather). The third row seat is comfortable for me and I'm 6 feet tall.
There is plenty of room after the 3rd row for bags and everyday shopping.
It is my first american car and so far so good. I did get the extended insurance on the electronics since Im still weary of american quality, I know they have come a long way but... we will see I hope it compares to Toyota and Nissan.

Honda Pilot to the Durango
By throwerguy

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased a 2011 Durango Crew AWD with the V6 and we are extremely satisfied.
Our dealer let us have a demo Durango for 5 days and my wife and I put it through the paces of daily life with two small children, a dog.
We we very impressed and compared it head to head with our 2009 Pilot EX-L 4X4.
We looked at the 2012 Pilot, but felt the Durango offered more content and a much more refined interior than the Pilot.
In addition, the Durango drove better (crisp handling for a 7 pass. vehicle) and was much quieter on the Highway.
And, after drivng it for another week since delivery, we are very impressed with the mileage (better than the honda by a mile or two per gallon on average).

- Proximity Key - A must with kids - Power rear lift gate - Hard Drive Enabled stereo - Alpine Amp - More than adequate! - Bluetooth for phone and streaming audio - Tumble seats for third row access - easier than the pilot - Luxurious interior - This is a Dodge?!? :)

None for now...I am hoping that the reliability is as improved as the initial look and feel of the Durango. So far, so good...

I'm now a Dodge Fan.
By superolds

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The Durango has it all. Plenty of room and cargo space. Rides very smooth and quiet.
The biggest surprise is the fuel economy.The EPA rating is 16 cty - 22 hwy. We're averaging between 19.5 to 21.5 and on the hwy at under 70 mph we're above 25 mpg. Don't let Consumer Reports fool you into thinking the Transmission is it's weak spot. It's a Mercedes Tranny used a few years back in thier AMG Cars because it has a very high Torque resistance. It is also very efficient. Maybe some more gears wouldn't hurt. Anyway, we travel to Myrtle Beach, which is 900 miles away. We could make it all the way with one stop, a little more than half way, for gas. Pretty cool.
They've done a great job with th

Just about everything.

Push the HP to 300+. The six or eight speed Transmission. So long as it doesn't hurt the fuel economy that this version has.

Great so far!
By bourdain

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this yesterday in Charlestown, SC.
Drove it up HWY 17 to Myrtle Beach and averaged 26.3 mpg.
Thats 3 mpg better than the 4 cylinder Highlander that I just sold.
It looks better and rides better.
Go drive one, you'll like it!

Leather seats, Good MPG, Touch Screen Nav, USB ports,

Still thinking...

I can't Believe it's American
By islah

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We Recently bought this car after much research and tons of test drives. We test drove pretty much every single SUV out in the market today and settled down on this one. We got a huge discount and rebate on the 2011 model. This crew has more than what you ask for, for the price that we paid. For 31,000 it has a lot of stuff. The best part is that it is AWD, looks beautiful inside out. The ride is amazing. It is very quite on the road, especially on the Highway, once you get to the fifth gear, the engine becomes very quite that you can barely hear it. In one week we did 400 miles with 20 mpg combined, fabulous.

20 MPG combined is pretty good and it is going to get better after the car breaks in. Blue Tooth Audio streaming is cool, first time use. 30 G HD for music is good. Sound system. Ride, handling, Turning radius is immaculate for a car this size. Rearview Camera and sensors. Luggage space after the 3rd row. Remote start.

Tranny takes a little time to downshift, but if you pump 89 octane or 91 or may be 93, the car becomes real quick off the feet.