Used 2011 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Alternator and PCM failure 2011 Dodge Durango
By Mayra L

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

2011 Dodge Durango the alternator and PCM go out and they did not cover under recall. All of these Dodge vehicles need to be covered regardless of amps. I will never buy Dodge again!!!!

Awesome SUV! Buy it! Even though its a Dodge
By Huge Durango Fan

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2011 durango citadel v 8 AWD brand new in late 2011. Ive had it 4 years now and have about 25,000 miles on it. (My commute to work is short). My previous suv was the Toyota Sequoia limited, and before that we had a land rover discovery. The toyota was very reliable and i was afraid with the poor reputation of chrysler/dodge products, i would be visiting the dodge service center a lot with the durango. I got every option dodge offered on the durango citadel: heated and cooled seats, blind spot monitoring, sunroof, all wheel drive, heated steering wheel, in ceiling video system, Nav, and much more. I assumed with all these gadgets i would see the service department on a regular basis. I really loved the redesigned 2011 durango /grand cherokee styling on the exterior and also the interior of the 2011 durango and i was willing to take the risk. We needed the third row seat so that excluded he grand cherokee. I didnt know about a lot of the neat interior lighting until i owned it and drove it at night. I passed on a new Toyota Sequoia and the land rover lr4, and im really glad i did. This vehicle is awesome. With around 380 HP IT WILL FLY. It drives like a sports car but can carry 7 people to the ski resort with ease. Its great on long trips with the heated and cooled seats, and it is real quiet on the road. The hemi v8 with dual exhaust also has a great sound. It carries our kids with ease, they can watch movies while my wife and i can talk, and it can tow a trailer/boat with ease. This truck has been near flawless. Its had better reliability than my Toyota Sequoia. The durango has just been to the shop for oil changes, tire rotations, and regular maintenance. Everything has worked perfect since day 1. The vehicle has surprised me with the quality, even with all the things on it that could go wrong. Dodge got this suv right, and i assume the models from 2012 to 2105 are great choices also. The only dislike is the width of the factory roof luggage rack. On trips, we use a Thule luggage box and put bikes on the roof. Its tight. I wish the luggage bars were wider. I highly recommend this suv.

High hopes; Big disappointments
By metro21

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it brand new. 2 years and 36k later:

Good: Nice design in and out. Looks amazing when clean. Smooth powerful V8 Hemi. Tops in towing. Actual useable 3rd row seating.

Bad: Exterior build quality is complete junk. The front bumper pops out and is now cracking like its going to fall off. The exterior mirror housing is frayed and already replaced only to have the same problem return. Tail lights feel loose and move when touched. The drivers door is not aligned with the rest of the body. Car has failed to start once- apparently a known issue with Dodges- failing TIPM's (Google it for more info.). Hemi spark plugs have to be changed every 30k miles. Recommended gas is 89.

Blue interior LED lighting, the Hemi power/ smoothness, sexy design, interior build quality, Garmin based navigation.

Improve exterior build quality!!! No wonder Dodge and other US automakers have been (and still are) behind the foreigners. It was also very difficult to find all the features that I wanted in the same car. Dodge had a very complex system where options get put together on cars that make no sense.

Poor craftsmanship
By betseyjane

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was so excited to get my Durango in June 2011.
Since then I have experienced odd hiccupping, like its missing, when accelerating up hills.
An extremely irritating rattle in the dash.
I have had to have the back of the driver's seat replaced twice because the clips that hold it on break.
The review mirror had to be replaced because the night dimmer decided to just stay on all the time.
The key fob does not always work.
Sometimes the push button start cannot detect the key.
Since most of these issues are intermittent, of course, they cannot reproduce them.
At least my seat and mirror are fixed for now.

1 year later and we love this SUV by Dr Tasso P.
By tap16

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

24000 miles later and I would buy this again. We liked it so much that we have now bought a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit and a 2012 Ram Laramie Crew Cab.

The technology is amazing.
After lots of research there is no other SUV ( except the GC Overlands etc) that offer all this technolog PERIOD.
And if they did, i.e Land Rover ( no ventilated seats nor adaptive cruise in LR4 even available ) it would cost $20k more then the Durango.
Auto high beams work great, adaptive cruise a blessing, heated steering wheel.

Handles amazing for any SUV. Entry and exit height perfect, not to high nor to low.
Interior one of the best, better then other American brands

Technology Comfort Adaptive cruise Ventilated and heated seats Xenon low beams Auto high beams Keyless entry and start

Road noise over bumps, otherwise quiet Tolerance on exterior panels not up to snuff compared to competitors.