2011 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
High hopes; Big disappointments
By metro21 on 08/29/13 19:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it brand new. 2 years and 36k later: Good: Nice design in and out. Looks amazing when clean. Smooth powerful V8 Hemi. Tops in towing. Actual useable 3rd row seating. Bad: Exterior build quality is complete junk. The front bumper pops out and is now cracking like its going to fall off. The exterior mirror housing is frayed and already replaced only to have the same problem return. Tail lights feel loose and move when touched. The drivers door is not aligned with the rest of the body. Car has failed to start once- apparently a known issue with Dodges- failing TIPM's (Google it for more info.). Hemi spark plugs have to be changed every 30k miles. Recommended gas is 89.

Poor craftsmanship
By betseyjane on 10/18/12 14:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was so excited to get my Durango in June 2011. Since then I have experienced odd hiccupping, like its missing, when accelerating up hills. An extremely irritating rattle in the dash. I have had to have the back of the driver's seat replaced twice because the clips that hold it on break. The review mirror had to be replaced because the night dimmer decided to just stay on all the time. The key fob does not always work. Sometimes the push button start cannot detect the key. Since most of these issues are intermittent, of course, they cannot reproduce them. At least my seat and mirror are fixed for now.

1 year later and we love this SUV by Dr Tasso P.
By tap16 on 10/04/12 17:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

24000 miles later and I would buy this again. We liked it so much that we have now bought a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit and a 2012 Ram Laramie Crew Cab. The technology is amazing. After lots of research there is no other SUV ( except the GC Overlands etc) that offer all this technolog PERIOD. And if they did, i.e Land Rover ( no ventilated seats nor adaptive cruise in LR4 even available ) it would cost $20k more then the Durango. Auto high beams work great, adaptive cruise a blessing, heated steering wheel. Handles amazing for any SUV. Entry and exit height perfect, not to high nor to low. Interior one of the best, better then other American brands

I love my Durango
By nightravyn on 04/07/12 08:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2011 Durango RT V-8. It wasnt cheap but man am I spoiled! It is gorgeous! I love the interior space and quality...it has everything you could need and then some. I have 4 kids and there is space for them and friends even! I am always picking up extra kids. They love the satellite tv and dvd player. My only complaint is the gas milage..while I realize its a v8 and I expected as much, it feels like Im at the pump every day lol. I have put 10k on it and other than oil changes and a balance/rotation all has been great! Its very peppy and fun to drive...wouldnt trade it in for anything. I just love it and so does the rest of the family!!!!

2011 Dodge Durango with bad steering
By jimbo179 on 03/05/12 18:53 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Express 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 2011 Durango Express AWD. From the day we got it, the steering was loose and pulled to the left. Brought it to the dealer we bought it from, they said it was fine. Brought it to another Dodge dealer that said the car may have been used for parts to fix another vehicle and the parts weren't replaced correctly. They said the alignment was off by 5 degrees. Now the car still has loose steering and now pulls to the right. When going over small bumps, the steering wheel will actually jerk to the right. Three times at the second dealer, they say that's how the car drives. They rotated the tires, double-checked the alignment, balanced the tires was fine. Still have the same problem.

Great SUV
By aml2 on 01/09/12 08:12 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving Durango for 2 weeks, getting 21 - 22 mpg mostly city. Excellent suv , quiet ride, heated and cooled seats, clear sound system. Third row comfortable for 6 ft adult. Did alot of research / test drives, the Durango is the best kept secret in the marketplace. Now consumer reports recommends.

2011 Citadel V8 Hemi
By vict65 on 12/31/11 06:54 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car. Just purchased a 2011 "leftover" for a great value. This car has high quality features and is a real looker. I go places and I get unsolicited comments from people on how much they like my car.

Loving this new Durango 5.7 AWD Citadel
By ozcop1 on 11/08/11 22:37 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have only owned this SUV a week and have only driven it 300 miles. So far, I really like the ride and drive, and even the fuel mileage, which in local driving only is turning 16.2 mpg. I fully expect better mpg numbers as its broken in. I love the entertainment system, which came standard on this model and have been loading CDs to the hard drive this week. The sound system is excellent! If I have a complaint it is with the non-tilt steering wheel. The adjustable column and telescoping wheel is nice, but you have to get it adjusted just right to see all the dash and electronic read-outs. Not a big deal, but certainly different from my 05 Limited I traded in. That's only a minor issue.

Durango 2011
By peri1 on 11/04/11 12:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my new Durango Citadel 5.8ltr for a month now and absolutely love it. It rides great, its comfortable and it has a beatiful interior. My commute is of approx 10' and the gas mileage is average for the segment. I love the interior (napa tan leather). The third row seat is comfortable for me and I'm 6 feet tall. There is plenty of room after the 3rd row for bags and everyday shopping. It is my first american car and so far so good. I did get the extended insurance on the electronics since Im still weary of american quality, I know they have come a long way but... we will see I hope it compares to Toyota and Nissan.

Honda Pilot to the Durango
By throwerguy on 10/21/11 06:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Durango SUV Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased a 2011 Durango Crew AWD with the V6 and we are extremely satisfied. Our dealer let us have a demo Durango for 5 days and my wife and I put it through the paces of daily life with two small children, a dog. We we very impressed and compared it head to head with our 2009 Pilot EX-L 4X4. We looked at the 2012 Pilot, but felt the Durango offered more content and a much more refined interior than the Pilot. In addition, the Durango drove better (crisp handling for a 7 pass. vehicle) and was much quieter on the Highway. And, after drivng it for another week since delivery, we are very impressed with the mileage (better than the honda by a mile or two per gallon on average).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Durango Suv in VA is:

$146 per month*