Used 2011 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2011 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

High hopes; Big disappointments
By metro21

2011 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it brand new. 2 years and 36k later: Good: Nice design in and out. Looks amazing when clean. Smooth powerful V8 Hemi. Tops in towing. Actual useable 3rd row seating. Bad: Exterior build quality is complete junk. The front bumper pops out and is now cracking like its going to fall off. The exterior mirror housing is frayed and already replaced only to have the same problem return. Tail lights feel loose and move when touched. The drivers door is not aligned with the rest of the body. Car has failed to start once- apparently a known issue with Dodges- failing TIPM's (Google it for more info.). Hemi spark plugs have to be changed every 30k miles. Recommended gas is 89.

Favorite Features

Blue interior LED lighting, the Hemi power/ smoothness, sexy design, interior build quality, Garmin based navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Improve exterior build quality!!! No wonder Dodge and other US automakers have been (and still are) behind the foreigners. It was also very difficult to find all the features that I wanted in the same car. Dodge had a very complex system where options get put together on cars that make no sense.

Poor craftsmanship
By betseyjane

2011 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was so excited to get my Durango in June 2011. Since then I have experienced odd hiccupping, like its missing, when accelerating up hills. An extremely irritating rattle in the dash. I have had to have the back of the driver's seat replaced twice because the clips that hold it on break. The review mirror had to be replaced because the night dimmer decided to just stay on all the time. The key fob does not always work. Sometimes the push button start cannot detect the key. Since most of these issues are intermittent, of course, they cannot reproduce them. At least my seat and mirror are fixed for now.

1 year later and we love this SUV by Dr Tasso P.
By tap16

2011 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

24000 miles later and I would buy this again. We liked it so much that we have now bought a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit and a 2012 Ram Laramie Crew Cab. The technology is amazing. After lots of research there is no other SUV ( except the GC Overlands etc) that offer all this technolog PERIOD. And if they did, i.e Land Rover ( no ventilated seats nor adaptive cruise in LR4 even available ) it would cost $20k more then the Durango. Auto high beams work great, adaptive cruise a blessing, heated steering wheel. Handles amazing for any SUV. Entry and exit height perfect, not to high nor to low. Interior one of the best, better then other American brands

Favorite Features

Technology Comfort Adaptive cruise Ventilated and heated seats Xenon low beams Auto high beams Keyless entry and start

Suggested Improvements

Road noise over bumps, otherwise quiet Tolerance on exterior panels not up to snuff compared to competitors.

I love my Durango
By nightravyn

2011 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2011 Durango RT V-8. It wasnt cheap but man am I spoiled! It is gorgeous! I love the interior space and quality...it has everything you could need and then some. I have 4 kids and there is space for them and friends even! I am always picking up extra kids. They love the satellite tv and dvd player. My only complaint is the gas milage..while I realize its a v8 and I expected as much, it feels like Im at the pump every day lol. I have put 10k on it and other than oil changes and a balance/rotation all has been great! Its very peppy and fun to drive...wouldnt trade it in for anything. I just love it and so does the rest of the family!!!!

Favorite Features

black leather interior with red stitching, interior space...what dont i love?

Suggested Improvements

none other than maybe gas mileage. Oh and when the dvd is open and back headrests are up..its impossible to see out of the rear window.

2011 Dodge Durango with bad steering
By jimbo179

2011 Dodge Durango Express 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a 2011 Durango Express AWD. From the day we got it, the steering was loose and pulled to the left. Brought it to the dealer we bought it from, they said it was fine. Brought it to another Dodge dealer that said the car may have been used for parts to fix another vehicle and the parts weren't replaced correctly. They said the alignment was off by 5 degrees. Now the car still has loose steering and now pulls to the right. When going over small bumps, the steering wheel will actually jerk to the right. Three times at the second dealer, they say that's how the car drives. They rotated the tires, double-checked the alignment, balanced the tires was fine. Still have the same problem.

Favorite Features

Have the Blackberry Pearl, a great color, lots of compliments, too bad its no longer offered in the 2012. Turning radius is very good for a truck this size. Smooth and very quiet ride. Comfortable for many adults.

Suggested Improvements

More options that aren't bundled as packages.