Used 2009 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Great vehicle
By Israel Apodaca

2009 Dodge Durango Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Great Power! Sad to see the Big SUV go!
By Bryan

2009 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my 09 Durango for two years. I drive allot, about 30K a year. Love the hemi power, I towed my 30 ft camper a couple times but did not like the "swaying". It has all of the power you need to tow 6K-8K lbs. I think the wheel base being short makes the swaying of the trailer a bit worse. If you want a big SUV for allot less than the Tahoe this is it and it will tow more than the Tahoe. The resale values have really tanked since my purchase. I think the used ones are a great deal right now. Get the hemi!

u connect hands free phone, rear view camera, hemi power!

If Chevy and Ford can continue to make a big SUV Dodge should too! the 2011 Durango is just a remake of the new Jeep Grand Cherokee, common Dodge you can compete with Government Motors (GM). I will need another big SUV soon, I might have to jump to Ford or Chevy. I hope not!

Good SUV
By Ron

2009 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Durango for about six months now. Its a comfortable machine with good power. I know Edmunds rates it bad, but I didn't want a crossover as I need to tow a 5K boat. It rides fairly well. Gas mileage is a couple miles less then the bigger Tahoe though, but I got this way cheaper then a comparable tahoe.

New technology fun drive
By old mariner

2009 Dodge Durango Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This was a trade up from the old style Durango for me. The ride is much smoother and it has a lot more room. Driving the hybrid takes a little getting used to but that seems to be some of the fun driving experience.

Hemi power, but good gas mileage in town

Rear wiper needs to be able to open out fully for ease of window washing. Hybrid needs to be available in less expensive models so more people can afford it.