2009 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Great Power! Sad to see the Big SUV go!
By Bryan on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my 09 Durango for two years. I drive allot, about 30K a year. Love the hemi power, I towed my 30 ft camper a couple times but did not like the "swaying". It has all of the power you need to tow 6K-8K lbs. I think the wheel base being short makes the swaying of the trailer a bit worse. If you want a big SUV for allot less than the Tahoe this is it and it will tow more than the Tahoe. The resale values have really tanked since my purchase. I think the used ones are a great deal right now. Get the hemi!

Good SUV
By Ron on 06/22/09 04:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Durango for about six months now. Its a comfortable machine with good power. I know Edmunds rates it bad, but I didn't want a crossover as I need to tow a 5K boat. It rides fairly well. Gas mileage is a couple miles less then the bigger Tahoe though, but I got this way cheaper then a comparable tahoe.

New technology fun drive
By old mariner on 02/18/09 07:51 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Durango Limited HEV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This was a trade up from the old style Durango for me. The ride is much smoother and it has a lot more room. Driving the hybrid takes a little getting used to but that seems to be some of the fun driving experience.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Durango in VA is:

$141 per month*