2008 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Larger SUV for expanding family.
By wilpwr78 on 05/12/12 09:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We recently traded in our Jeep Liberty Renegade for a 2008 Durango SLT with the newly redone 4.7L V8. We couldn't be happier with our decision. The 3.7L in the Jeep was a gas hog (maybe due to my heavy foot) even on long 55mph drives the best MPG I could get were 18. What it lacked in efficiency it didn't make up with space. That is there the Durango rules. Plenty of power from the 303hp V8 on hand for passing slo-pokes. Haven't put the 330lbs of tor que to use yet, but look forward to pulling with it soon.

Update!
By austinp on 07/11/11 11:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Durango just hit 74000 miles today with no problems out of it. It is the best car we have ever owned. We just put running boards and new tires on it. The salesman who sold us the Durango was there trying to get us to trade it for a new 2011 Durango. Our Durango appraised very well but I don't really like the 2011 Durango. I have no complaints against my Durango, it has the best a/c I've ever used. I will be keeping my Durango until it gives up!

Excellent Value
By austinp on 03/27/11 14:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Our Durango SLT has been absolutely flawless. When the salesman pulled it up for us to see we instantly hated it. We would NEVER own a white car. We however got an excellent price on it. We did not know when we bought it how commited it was. It just hit 65000 miles on the odometer and still looks new! The Engine has always started first try and it has never failed us. The 4.7 has been a pleasure to drive, it's very fuel efficient and is very powerful. It will haul 7 People with ease. It runs real quite until you step on it then you get a powerful growl. We have had absolutely no issues with it. We expect great things from Chrysler and will continue to buy from them.

Great to pull my Travel Trailer
By Dave on 07/09/10 13:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was a bit worried since my 28' travel trailer weighs 6,000 but the Durango 4.7 V8 pulls it like a champ! Better than my 2001 Toyota Tundra did and it handles great. I average 16 mpg around town and 18 on the interstate. Good vision, comfortable on long trips, fun to drive.

My Maroon Beast.
By Bill Woessner on 01/17/10 18:58 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

What can I say but,this vehicle can do it all.Probably the best vehicle I have ever owned.This HEMI will blow by any stock equipped truck out there.I live in hilly Western Pennsylvania and can tow anything from my Six-Pack Charger to my Chris-Craft Cruiser.The all 4WD plows through the worst snow we have and climbs any muddy trail I put it through. There is so much room that a family of 7 can enjoy a long trip.With the seats down I can load 4x8 sheets of drywall or plywood or move any youngster to college. The power leather heated seats feel like you are on a cloud. This vehicle is such a head turner with the maroon paint and 20 inch chrome wheels.

hemi 5.7l soft silky drive
By abdullah albathalli on 08/24/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got my durango slt 5.7l hemi 4x4 black color from the only delar in Kuwait almilla behbehani co. Nice price for perfect suv. This suv very good for me and my family 7 persons. And I Ravel with my family for about 1000 kms it was very comfortable very strong and for my self while drive it was very trusted suv .

SWEET!!!
By Melimel on 08/02/09 01:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I accompanied my mom to the local dodge dealer to help her pick out her van and saw a Durango staring back at me! Needless to say I'm now the proud owner of SUV on 'Roids! It's easy to drive, handles like a dream, and looks awesome. I love the 3rd row seats - my 13 year old who is 5'7" fits comfortably and the ability to lay all back seats flat. My Durango in my opinion gets great gas mileage (17 mpg in town)... which is way better than my old Hyundai Santa Fe! I also have the flex fuel option, however the engine tends to sag a bit but the savings are appreciated! I love this car and have recommended it to everyone that asks!!!

08 Durango
By McKinneyMike on 07/10/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my Avalanche and got a 2008 Durango. So far great SUV, very comfortable and alot of room for the kids. Easy to drive, and the rear AC is the best I've had in any vehilce. I'm averaging alittle over 17mpg's in the city. Took a long trip and averaged 19.8mpg's. Only thing that's concering is the traction and control in the rain, could be the tires but more likely because the vehilce is up higher then most and so seems to effect the control. Overall I would recommend this SUV in anyone.

This Thing Rocks!
By richinsc on 01/21/09 21:48 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I previously owned an 06 SLT with the 4.7. I went and checked out the 08s and new that I had to have one. Next day traded in the 06 for the new one. The new SLT with the Hemi is freakin sweet. When you put the hammer down you know that there is enough power for anything and everything that you could ever need. There is plenty of room and the extra options that you can get make it amazing.

Beautiful Vehicle
By Love my Durango on 01/05/09 13:27 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I almost had my mind made up to buy a GMC Acadia until I test drove the Durango, no comparison. The Durango won hands down. Nice and roomy. I just love the way it rides and handles.It is a beautiful vehicle inside and out. I picked out the Limited with the Hemi and could not be more pleased. It looks sporty with all the chrome trim but looks and rides like a luxury car. It has everything you could possible want in a vehicle. It's loaded. Oh those leather seats with the suede middle, I just love them. They don't get hot like solid leather seats and so comfortable. It's also a very quite ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.