Chauffeur by choice
By ON DA GO IN SO. CAL. on
2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
We just had our first child & needed something with more room than my mustang. Even though there were many choices out there (and we test drove them all) the durango slt had the power (v8), room (3rd row seating), cargo space (when the 3rd row is down), looks (husky - in a good way)& comfort we were looking for. Long trips I used to take with my wife (b-4 the baby came) in the convertible mustang seemed really long. Now that we have the durango, I hate to say it - I like taking long drives (375+ miles). Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping the mustang - but if it's a family trip I want the durango. From Las Vegas to San Francisco to lake havasu we found a great car. Family chauffeur by choice.
Favorite Features
Smooth ride, interior space, looks & extras. Alpine sound system w/six cd changer (I like). Easy access to the center seat on the 2nd row to place baby Carrier in. Plenty of room (w/folded down 3rd row) for carriage & grocery bags. Controls within reach.
Suggested Improvements
Slow off the start (minivan slow). Miles per gallon on the durango are more like "blocks per gallon". On the city driving part - well lets just say that I get better mileage from my 5.0 mustang, with the top down. On the highway it gets somewhat better, nothing to write home about.