2007 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
2007 Durango SXT V-6
By soccernut on 05/09/08 23:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Durango almost 1 year now and have 15,600 miles on it. Pros: Comfortable, roomy and the kids love the DVD and 3rd row options. Can seat 5 adults and 2 kids comfortably. Cons: Poor fuel economy...even with the V-6 engine. Spending about $80 every 5 days...and I work from home! Poor acceleration with the 6 cyl. Resale is horrible. I tried trading it in this week on a more economical vehicle and it is only bringing $10,000 on trade (original MSRP $27,000). Will never buy another one. Also, sounds like the transmission is already starting to slip and there is a rattle in the back somewhere. My '01 Tahoe (V-8) was far superior in fuel economy, quality and performance.

Classy workhorse
By mary buie on 04/30/08 15:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Durango... It has all the bells and whistles you could ask for. It's stylish and classy, but still pulls a horse trailer as well as a pickup. I haul golf clubs and horse food in the back... And it does have plenty of room back there! I had the smaller Durango which I also loved. But this one is much more versatile! I do wish the gas mileage was better. But I'm not willing to give up the power and comfort to go to something smaller!

Dodge Durango Limited
By C. LOEBER on 04/06/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Drove 4000 miles to Florida and back to home. Comfort and drivability was great. GPS system was excellent. Carried luggage with room to spare for 2 month stay which included golf clubs and coolers. Service at Scotia Motors has been excellent. This is 3rd new dodge vehicle that we have purchased from this dealership.

Jury is still out
By pinejacs on 04/06/08 10:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Jury is still out on our 07' Durango purchase. Wife has complained about poor gas mileage, lack of power, windshield cracking for no apparent reason and steering column falling apart. We still have the wifes old '98 Durango that has 220,000 miles on it. It has the 5.9 liter engine where the 07' has the 4.7 liter. That could be the reason for power complaint. The 98' has had minimal repairs done to it (ball joints and some suspension repairs. However we do live in the mountains of Colorado on some rough roads.) So hopefully this 07' does as well as the 98'

I wanted to like the Durango...
By IntelManager on 03/26/08 11:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As the title says, I wanted to like the Durango. It truly saddens me to see what has happened to the American auto manufactures and I will always buy from the big three, but this Durango was the bottom of the barrel. First let me say that I have owned several fullsize SUV's and trucks: 2000 Ford Expedition, '02 Chevy Tahoe, '04 Chevy Avalanche, '05 Dodge Ram 1500, and now this '07 Durango. This truck drives and rides like a horse drawn wagon. It is hands down the worst handling vehicle I have EVER driven. I think I would rather drive a Mack truck on a daily basis. Then gas mileage...oh man, each of my previous trucks got significantly better mileage. Overall, a huge disappointment

Everything the original 98 was and more
By NotaBuckeye on 02/27/08 18:16 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had the first version in 1998 and kept it for 7 years. The Limited with the Hemi is a great combo. This Durango is loaded except the navigation system and has seating for 8. Use every seat on trips out of state for ice skating competitions. Gas mileage is OK, 20 mpg highway, wish it was a little better. Can travel great distance with a 27 gallon tank. DVD system is great for the kids, helps the miles fly by. Can't imagine owning another SUV especially with the lifetime powertrain warranty. Great vehicle, would recommend it to anyone looking for an SUV with seating for up to 8, great power, decent mpg, and fun to drive.

Built Tough as Nails
By nubnub on 02/27/08 15:17 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought the Durango especially for its build inside & out. Had no idea it also came with the Flex Fuel. What a great addition for us. I love the power & it has excelent turning radius. I do think the storage however, is very small in the console & the glove box for such a big SUV.

So far so good
By mags on 12/24/07 02:51 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We just got this big guy and so far really like it. We went from an escape up to this. The interior is great. Comfortable, roomy, user friendly. I love the look of the exterior. We don't have the Hemi, but have great get up and go. The gas mileage could be better, but what can you expect with such a big truck. Smooth ride, very quiet, fits all of us, from short to tall! Hopefully we don't have the same issues the others are having. I never owned anything other than a Ford, great deal for the money!

Biggest mistake!
By my3sons on 09/23/07 16:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our Dodge Durango on 8/4/07. We've had problems with it slipping out of reverse. A piece of interior trim between the windshield and the driver's door has come loose and is hanging. A piece was also missing out of the interior tail gate door. We've made one payment and it's already been in the shop more than all our other vehicles combined. Seriously thinking of trading it in or starting the "lemon" process.

Perfect for me
By AJ on 08/24/07 09:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the 5.7 Hemi I choose it for the only engine with MDS. I am getting good MPG for such a large truck and engine but I drive 90% highway. That's wht it's perfect for me. Just hit the cruise control and sit back and enjoy the great ride and sound system. Carries 6x6ft+ in complete comfort and ample leg room, can squeeze in 2 more little people with no problem. Great performance, surprisingly quick.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.