Used 2007 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Everything a V8 SUV should be...
By Denny

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Let me start off with the obvious: Fuel Economy. I gave it a 9. Not because it is superb in fuel consumption compared to the average car on the road, but because it handedly beats everything in it's class. The MDS which turns off 4 of the 8 cyclingder while cruising along really does save alot of $$. The 5.7L V8 is powerful 345 hp and efficient 24 MPG highway 14 City and 18 mixed driving. That's darn good for this sort of vehicle in my opinion. It seats 7 comfortably and the long wheelbase is very comfortable at highway and around town speeds. Service costs are avg.

Seats (6-way power adj. w/ heathed leather) are comfortable and the heated feature works great in the cold winter season. Fulltime AWD keep things safe. Driver visibility is excellent. And the moonroof brings in excellent ventilation and light. Can tow with the best of them!

Towing mirrors and a trailer brake controller should be standard with the tow package option.

Super ++++
By Steviegene

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had this Durango for a few months and absolutely love it. We needed to tow about 6500lbs to it was a great choice.

POWER and Ride. Lifetime power train warranty.

MPG, but it is great for the HP you get...

Great Truck
By Jimssn697

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I ordered my Durango from the dealer. I got the Adventurer with the 5.7 and the tow package and 3.73 rear. I get 17.5 on the highway. I love the power, drop the hammer, and it'll smoke any truck. The split third row is great, and heated leather seats are a must. My only complaint is the rack and pinoin steering, with the AWD, when it hits a bump, the wheel tends to jerk to the right. The windshield is also too far forward, making the passenger side A-pillar a major blind spot when driving around a sharp left turn. I also ordered the 4WD transfer case. Havent had much snow in south Jersey yet, but it handles great in mud and the snow we've had.

5.7L HEMI a must!! Great stock throaty sound, cant wait to throw a Cat-Back exhaust on it. 4WD Transfer case, heated leather seats. Dont bother with the cloth.

Change the angle on the windshild to eliminate the blind spot in the passenger side A-pillar. Firm up the steering to eliminate over steer on road bumps. Hands at 3 and 10 o'clock help.

Would buy again
By Family Man

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had the other body style durango, & several Dodge trucks & enjoy this one. We bought the Durango about a month ago and I have put 3000 miles on it already and have not made my first payment. Fun to drive, good road view, nice sounding V8. We come from mustangs, trucks and a Dodge Mini Van. The Durango has as much room as a van but needs more oomph out of the hole and it got that in 08. We saved a ton of cash on this buying it with 20k miles on it. Also has synthetics in rear & front diffs. from factory. I will run full synthetic in the motor soon as well. I drive a lot and wanted something safe for my family and myself. Our kids love it over our mini van since they can see out better.

AMERICAN MADE!!! Nice leather seats, AWD, Alpine stereo, power seat, seating for 8. Back row is adult tight but kid friendly. Knee air bags which I like since we have been in a head on before, all row side air bags, AWD good for going camping in the hills, soon to get DVD installed.

Would be great w/stow-n-go like the van has, better fuel economy, doors that shut softly when the windows are down, level out the nose with the back, luggage bars as standard if it has a roof rack, speakers for the rear seating people, other than that I enjoy my Durango.

In a bad way.
By amyf

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Let me begin with the interior; it was suppose to have stain resistant fabric interior, it doesn't. The fabric has marks where my child got in with a damp swimsuit on, can get it off. the door handles do not match each other, the seat belt harnesses have fallen apart, the plastic on thee drivers side seat is breaking. The truck is a fuel hog! and the gas cap doesn't make a good seal which makes the service engine light come on when you refuel or get low on fuel. both of which happen often. There is always a lag in the transmission when driving & driving up a steep driveway is nearly impossible. Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Would not recommend to anyone

none

Better quality interior for the high price tag. work on fuel economy and transmission problems. this vehicle needs a serious quality(value) to price makeover