Used 2007 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Best SUV ever owned.
By Ed

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

3 years ago I went to the dealer and I was looking for a Black Dodge Durango SLT, Hemi of course, until the salesman told me that they only had a Durango Night Runner on transit to the dealer and I obviously said YES!. Owning this truck for 3 years has been a great experience with a perfect and powerful engine with great performance, great interior, and nice black chrome wheels. It's got about 37,000 miles and I've never ever had any problems. All I can say is that IT'S THE PERFECT CHOICE.

Favorite Features

HEMI power, Night Runner package, Interior space, rear solid axle and it's just too fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler, please revive the Dodge durango!

Best SUV ever owned.
By Ed

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Dodge Durango Night Runner for three years already, it has 37,000 miles and I'm still impressed. The best part about this truck is the HEMI engine, great power, great performance and of course great fuel mileage for a V8. I've never experienced any mechanical problems or any kind of problems, the only times it visits the dealer is for service and that's it. It's very comfortable for those long trips and it's built tough.

Favorite Features

Hemi engine, Night Runner package, Alpine stereo system, black chrome clad alloy wheels, YES essentials seats, and a rear solid axle.

Suggested Improvements

Front suspension only because it occasionally squeaks.

Nice SUV
By Eric

2007 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had our Durango for almost three years now. We bought it for the Hemi and it's towing capacity. We have three kids and need the third row seat as well. Ball joints needed replacing at 45K miles, non- greasable. I would have expected a little more mileage.

Favorite Features

Hemi, Hemi, Hemi. 20 freeway MPG with the MDS cylinder de-activation system. Did I mention the Hemi?

Suggested Improvements

Well the Durango is officially dead. Too bad for Dodge as they now don't have anything to compete with Ford and Chevy is this segment.

Old to New - No Regrets
By James

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my old 2000 Durango that made it to 300,000 miles with minor problems, for a used 2007 Durango SLT 4WD with the 5.7L Hemi. I have owned it for six months and it has impressed me very much. Aside from the hereditary gas mileage trait, this car has been a great family commuter. It has a lot of space inside with great storage capacity and a surprisingly spacious third row. Though the second row seems to be a bit compromised in terms of legroom, there has been no other flaws in the car. It has a great towing capacity which has helped with our boats and some offroading problems with my friends and has done it without struggle.

Favorite Features

Extremely comfortable ride, great power and acceleration when equipped with he 5.7L hemi, great towing capacity, amazing offroading capabilities, aggressive appearance and styling, and a great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel efficiency and second row seating space.

Great family vehicle
By Mrs Young

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

First and foremost, I admit that the Durango is not easy on gas. Other than the gas problem, I really like this vehicle. As a mom of two young boys, I love having a sexy mommy wagon. I have a 2007, with leather interior, mp3 multi disc player. It's a lovely maroon color with silver details. It has a roomy third row seat and plenty of storage. It handles great and has a very powerful v8 engine. It's fun to drive and it's very stylish. The only other problem area is that sometimes the gas cap doesn't make a good seal which makes the service engine light come on temporarily. Hopefully, I can stop by my dealership and have that problem taken care of.