2007 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Super ++++
By Steviegene on 03/29/09 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had this Durango for a few months and absolutely love it. We needed to tow about 6500lbs to it was a great choice.

Great Truck
By Jimssn697 on 02/06/09 13:29 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I ordered my Durango from the dealer. I got the Adventurer with the 5.7 and the tow package and 3.73 rear. I get 17.5 on the highway. I love the power, drop the hammer, and it'll smoke any truck. The split third row is great, and heated leather seats are a must. My only complaint is the rack and pinoin steering, with the AWD, when it hits a bump, the wheel tends to jerk to the right. The windshield is also too far forward, making the passenger side A-pillar a major blind spot when driving around a sharp left turn. I also ordered the 4WD transfer case. Havent had much snow in south Jersey yet, but it handles great in mud and the snow we've had.

Would buy again
By Family Man on 10/06/08 07:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had the other body style durango, & several Dodge trucks & enjoy this one. We bought the Durango about a month ago and I have put 3000 miles on it already and have not made my first payment. Fun to drive, good road view, nice sounding V8. We come from mustangs, trucks and a Dodge Mini Van. The Durango has as much room as a van but needs more oomph out of the hole and it got that in 08. We saved a ton of cash on this buying it with 20k miles on it. Also has synthetics in rear & front diffs. from factory. I will run full synthetic in the motor soon as well. I drive a lot and wanted something safe for my family and myself. Our kids love it over our mini van since they can see out better.

In a bad way.
By amyf on 09/24/08 06:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Let me begin with the interior; it was suppose to have stain resistant fabric interior, it doesn't. The fabric has marks where my child got in with a damp swimsuit on, can get it off. the door handles do not match each other, the seat belt harnesses have fallen apart, the plastic on thee drivers side seat is breaking. The truck is a fuel hog! and the gas cap doesn't make a good seal which makes the service engine light come on when you refuel or get low on fuel. both of which happen often. There is always a lag in the transmission when driving & driving up a steep driveway is nearly impossible. Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Would not recommend to anyone

Certainly Worth a look
By SM on 09/22/08 21:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our SUV for about 5 weeks now & we really love it. It's crazy that many others complain about MPG. What were they expecting from an SUV this large? We have the 4.7 & get 16/20 which is not bad at all. Our SUV seats 8, which is great as we are always hauling lots of kids & family around. You can get a fantastic deal on an slightly used Durango right now with everyone overreacting to high fuel prices. It's only a few MPG less than an Acadia or Pilot etc and much lower in price. If you are looking for a good sized SUV this is certainly worth a look. There is lots of room inside and road visibility is great. The second row seats fold easily so access to the 3rd row is good.

Chauffeur by choice
By ON DA GO IN SO. CAL. on 09/15/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We just had our first child & needed something with more room than my mustang. Even though there were many choices out there (and we test drove them all) the durango slt had the power (v8), room (3rd row seating), cargo space (when the 3rd row is down), looks (husky - in a good way)& comfort we were looking for. Long trips I used to take with my wife (b-4 the baby came) in the convertible mustang seemed really long. Now that we have the durango, I hate to say it - I like taking long drives (375+ miles). Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping the mustang - but if it's a family trip I want the durango. From Las Vegas to San Francisco to lake havasu we found a great car. Family chauffeur by choice.

Good Truck
By mattrat on 09/08/08 06:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this truck for a few months now, and have little complaints. The common complaint here is fuel consumption. It is a truck with a V8, what did you expect? Some people just need the power and room, and that will cost you in fuel costs. If you are looking for 30 MPG, get a VW. Space is great and there are a load of great features. The all time 4WD drive is great for my wife. All the safety, and I don't have to worry about her screwing up the transfer case by shifting wrong. My suggestion is to buy it used. The depreciation for a new Durango is ridiculous, like $10,000 the first year. You can get a $40,000 truck for half the price if you go one year old.

Tow Anything (almost)
By Buckeye on 08/27/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved my Durango with it 5.7 Hemi. Yeah mpg is not great but what do you expect? 15-16 to and from work and 19-20 on the Hi-way. I towed a 29' 7000 lb trailer out west with ease. (I got the optional 3.92 axle). I have used it to haul everything from 6 kids to lumber to bags of mulch. I didn't get the fancy interior because this SUV gets put to use. 57,000 miles and no problems. (brakes @ 41,000) I would definitely look at another one when it is time.

Wind buffeting
By P Marshall on 08/22/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We noticed that when the rear windows are open at speeds over 35 mph, the vehicle steering column, doors vibrate & shake. Called the dealership & was told it's a design flaw, can't fix, and that at highways speed the passenger compartment fills with turbulent air causing a "parachute" like response which lifts the rear of the vehicle making it unstable to drive at highway speeds. The only fix available is to keep the windows closed. Are you kidding me? At the price we paid I should be able to open any window I like and still have a safe vehicle to drive. Piece of junk. Also, pop's out of reverse every 10th drive or so. Nice.

hate it
By sid on 06/14/08 00:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Don't ever buy one. I have 14,500 miles on it and the four wheel drive binds up when turning. Not sharp at any time. Transmission slips a lot. Sways on freeway. leather seats hard

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.