2007 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
LOVE our 2007 Durango!!
By reagle3 on 05/11/14 06:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased 4 years ago from a friend who had updated with high performance additions, fun to drive. Previous vehicle was Suburban, mpg and higher mtnce/tire costs expected on full size SUV. No mechanical issues; Dodge replaced gas cap due to recall. Towing power was more than adequate when pulling fullsize Uhaul trailer. Have to trade - either a bent valve stem or rod issue at 114,000 miles - even tho we used high octane (91) gas the last two years and synthetic oil - as far as we know. To be safe, use 93 octane and only synthetic oil. Never use ethanol even with flex fuel engine. Would buy it again! Tend to drive vehicles into ground - over 200k; will miss doing so with this vehicle.

Great Usage
By tlc872 on 09/14/11 20:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Durango for 4 years and it has not given me any problems. I find that the space is great for transporting my big family, and has not complaints.

Worst cheap suv
By Taniqua' on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the worst SUV ever I hate it, their ain't no room in the back it a 07 limited with 40,000 miles on it the car keep having transmission probs power back door ain't working right sometimes it just open while I'm driving! I thought this would be a nice SUV but it cheap plasticy loud and embarrassing to be seen in it keep getting scratched but my complex won't do anything bout it

Worst SUV ever!
By bobby on 07/21/10 13:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned this Durango for 3 years and we have had more issues that all our other vehicles combined! dash board lights come on constantly, the dealer can't find anything! steering wheel is too loose, cheap plastic interior pieces falling, I will NEVER buy a DODGE vehicle again!

Best SUV ever owned.
By Ed on 06/07/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

3 years ago I went to the dealer and I was looking for a Black Dodge Durango SLT, Hemi of course, until the salesman told me that they only had a Durango Night Runner on transit to the dealer and I obviously said YES!. Owning this truck for 3 years has been a great experience with a perfect and powerful engine with great performance, great interior, and nice black chrome wheels. It's got about 37,000 miles and I've never ever had any problems. All I can say is that IT'S THE PERFECT CHOICE.

Best SUV ever owned.
By Ed on 06/04/10 19:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Dodge Durango Night Runner for three years already, it has 37,000 miles and I'm still impressed. The best part about this truck is the HEMI engine, great power, great performance and of course great fuel mileage for a V8. I've never experienced any mechanical problems or any kind of problems, the only times it visits the dealer is for service and that's it. It's very comfortable for those long trips and it's built tough.

Nice SUV
By Eric on 05/08/10 22:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had our Durango for almost three years now. We bought it for the Hemi and it's towing capacity. We have three kids and need the third row seat as well. Ball joints needed replacing at 45K miles, non- greasable. I would have expected a little more mileage.

Old to New - No Regrets
By James on 01/29/10 22:09 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my old 2000 Durango that made it to 300,000 miles with minor problems, for a used 2007 Durango SLT 4WD with the 5.7L Hemi. I have owned it for six months and it has impressed me very much. Aside from the hereditary gas mileage trait, this car has been a great family commuter. It has a lot of space inside with great storage capacity and a surprisingly spacious third row. Though the second row seems to be a bit compromised in terms of legroom, there has been no other flaws in the car. It has a great towing capacity which has helped with our boats and some offroading problems with my friends and has done it without struggle.

Great family vehicle
By Mrs Young on 10/12/09 22:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

First and foremost, I admit that the Durango is not easy on gas. Other than the gas problem, I really like this vehicle. As a mom of two young boys, I love having a sexy mommy wagon. I have a 2007, with leather interior, mp3 multi disc player. It's a lovely maroon color with silver details. It has a roomy third row seat and plenty of storage. It handles great and has a very powerful v8 engine. It's fun to drive and it's very stylish. The only other problem area is that sometimes the gas cap doesn't make a good seal which makes the service engine light come on temporarily. Hopefully, I can stop by my dealership and have that problem taken care of.

Everything a V8 SUV should be...
By Denny on 07/26/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Let me start off with the obvious: Fuel Economy. I gave it a 9. Not because it is superb in fuel consumption compared to the average car on the road, but because it handedly beats everything in it's class. The MDS which turns off 4 of the 8 cyclingder while cruising along really does save alot of $$. The 5.7L V8 is powerful 345 hp and efficient 24 MPG highway 14 City and 18 mixed driving. That's darn good for this sort of vehicle in my opinion. It seats 7 comfortably and the long wheelbase is very comfortable at highway and around town speeds. Service costs are avg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.