Used 2007 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Great used car value
By mikey281

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The low resale value of these cars can be a real advantage when buying used and planning to keep it for a long time. I have had my Durango Adventurer edition now for about a month and in that time I've put on about 2000 miles. The ride is smooth and quiet. The 4wd system worked well for driving on the beach to go fishing. I haven't had it long enough to know reliability but with most modern cars if you keep them up it should last 150k miles ++ Overall, especially for the price paid I am very happy with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet ride. Decent acceleration (though not really fast). I also like that it is still from the era when SUVs were built on truck frames. Able to get 20-22 mpg @ 73 mph

Suggested Improvements

The ride is soft and comfortable but it seems under-damped. This is noticeable especially offroad when encountering bumps there is some residual body bounce. I might try new shocks for that though. The "leather trimmed" seats have very little leather trim, mostly synthetic.

LOVE our 2007 Durango!!
By reagle3

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased 4 years ago from a friend who had updated with high performance additions, fun to drive. Previous vehicle was Suburban, mpg and higher mtnce/tire costs expected on full size SUV. No mechanical issues; Dodge replaced gas cap due to recall. Towing power was more than adequate when pulling fullsize Uhaul trailer. Have to trade - either a bent valve stem or rod issue at 114,000 miles - even tho we used high octane (91) gas the last two years and synthetic oil - as far as we know. To be safe, use 93 octane and only synthetic oil. Never use ethanol even with flex fuel engine. Would buy it again! Tend to drive vehicles into ground - over 200k; will miss doing so with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride for full size SUV; power - towing capacity; look - sporty; remote open on back door; awesome sound system; leather interior with all electric plus seat heaters

Suggested Improvements

Storage space

Great Usage
By tlc872

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Durango for 4 years and it has not given me any problems. I find that the space is great for transporting my big family, and has not complaints.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the 6 disk player and DVD TV.

Worst cheap suv
By Taniqua'

2007 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the worst SUV ever I hate it, their ain't no room in the back it a 07 limited with 40,000 miles on it the car keep having transmission probs power back door ain't working right sometimes it just open while I'm driving! I thought this would be a nice SUV but it cheap plasticy loud and embarrassing to be seen in it keep getting scratched but my complex won't do anything bout it

Favorite Features

leather new 24s i bought i paid 15k for it

Suggested Improvements

make it bigger use better quality plastic

Worst SUV ever!
By bobby

2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned this Durango for 3 years and we have had more issues that all our other vehicles combined! dash board lights come on constantly, the dealer can't find anything! steering wheel is too loose, cheap plastic interior pieces falling, I will NEVER buy a DODGE vehicle again!

Favorite Features

roomy

Suggested Improvements

pay more attention to QUALITY!