2006 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: The Longest Test Drive!

2006 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Review

The Longest Test Drive!
By DodgeLover on

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We live in Charlotte, NC and purchased a 2006 SLT 4x4 only 12 days ago. This, after 8 months of shopping for that "Perfect Safety Vehicle". The Durango is a "safety tank" 5-star everything. Essentially, we have taken it on the "World's Longest Test Drive" by driving to upstate NY (900 miles each way). What a great ride! The seats are great, dash design is sharp, the gauges at night are a very cool aqua green, and it has a very good stock sound system. As for gas, it's an SUV, it will not have Honda Accord gas mileage. But, we tracked 5 tanks at an average of 20.2 mpg. Great for the size of the vehicle! Why people buy expensive luxury SUV's is beyond me after driving our Durango.

The fact that the Durango has minimal roll when cornering (amazing). "Piece of cake" folding 2nd row seats and our 3rd row seating. Seeing over all the wimpy car drivers while driving to NY with my fog lights beaming My back is saved from loading kids into a midsize car. Powerful 4.7 liter V8!

I feel so safe, secure, and comfortable driving my family in our Durango that I only wish the "Safety Utility Vehicle" came with rocket launchers to pick off those wimpy car drivers that cut me off in Scranton!