Hate this SUV !
By sue on
2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have owned Chevy, Ford & Dodge SUVs, This is by far the worst. I had my Ford Explorer for 100,000 miles and no major problems, Chevy Trailblazer, I owned for short time, but no problems. This SUV I have had back to the dealer 3 times for the same problem, it doesn't want to shift into higher gears, a few times the tack jumped between 1 & 2 like crazy for no reason and the dealer can not fix it ! The A/C doesn't cool off the back seat at all, the plastic has broke around both front seats. I only have 27,000 miles and I have all these problems already. I'm going back to Ford and not touching a Dodge again. It's a shame because my parents both drive Dodges also, we were a Dodge family !
Favorite Features
I can say there is alot of room inside, that would have to be the only nice thing I can say about this SUV, everything else is cheaply made.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage, better plastics inside around the seats and the Transmission sucks !
By carman97
on 01/04/12 17:45 PM (PST)

Okay, so my family bought a 2006 Dodge Durango Slt with leather and DVD and all that fancy stuff to give to me and we bought it in December of 2010 and we have to get a new engine and transmission because it wont shift and its burning oil...the plastic on the seat belts has fallen off and the plasic on the seat belt buckle has broken beyond repair...i respect dodges new vehicles but this car is a piece of crap we are just going to get a different cAR FOR ME.