Used 2006 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Dodge Strong!
By Bill D.

2006 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd SUV that I have owned. The Durango is a very well-built, durable vehicle. I see myself owning this vehicle for at least 8-10 years. The only complaint that I have is that it seems like there is a very minute exhaust leak sound coming from that general vacinity. I took it to the dealership, but after they replaced the exhaust manifold, it seems like I can still hear it. The sound is very slight. If you're not listening for it, you really can't hear it.

Stronger plastic seat belt moldings for the bottom of the driver and passenger seats. Also, the 3rd row could use another cup holder on the right side.

Get One Now!
By Jeff

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best vehicle on the market for a family of 4 to 6 kids. Car seats fit great. Fun on the highway and off the highway. Mileage reasonable for the power. Ride is superb. Cornering is solid. Has and incredibly tight turning radius and is easy to park even for inexperienced drivers. The look of the vehicle is stunning in with the metallic black paint job. Roomy interior for tall people. Cargo room is breathtaking. Dodge made a mistake. The vehicle should be priced $10K more for something that rivals the drivability of a Lexus, Cadillac, or a BMW SUV. And oh by the way, the Durango can tow where these upscale SUV's can't.

Get the Hemi. Get the running boards. The All Wheel Drive system is flawless in the snow. The electronic engagement is silent and you are driving securely at all times. Anti- lock brakes bring this heavy vehicle to a stop in a absolutely controlled smooth stop.

Great Vechicle- Exceptional Value
By Mr.Mom

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Exceptional features minus the bling. As a 6'4 Mr.Mom, I can comfortably haul our kids or sheets of drywall without missing a beat! I get 14mpg in the city and about 19-20mpg on the highway. Our Durango is a pleasure to drive. Steering is smooth and responsive. The interior is quiet. By the way, on the freeway the Hemi is the real deal! When you need to change lanes it goes into warp speed although the driver always feels a sense of being in total control.

Navigation system, handsfree phone, DVD, and Hemi.

Materials could be more refined.Less hard, monochrome plastic.

One of my Favourites
By Jamie

2006 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition so it was loaded with all the goodies. When I bought the Durango it was SXT model so it doesn't have any of the bells and whistles that the Explorer had but it drives much smoother, faster, and is more comfortable than the Explorer. I regret not getting the Hemi and SLT or Limited edition but I was already at my limit. Cold mornings it's a little sluggish until it gets warm but the past few days of hot weather in Colorado it's fast off the mark!

3rd row seating. Space

I wish the front bumper wasn't so big. The 2007 they shortened it. I know it's a V8 but I wish I had better fuel economy. 15 MPG is not good enough!

Great SUV
By Dave Pummell

2006 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 Dodge Durango while Chrysler offered $5,000 off or 0% financing (actually the $5,000 off was the better deal with it being financed elsewhere). I love the truck. It is very capable in 4wd and offers plenty of power. I also love the sound of the V8. Nothing sounds better than a V8. I recently drove through the mountains of VA and WVA and was very pleased with how much power the Durango had. The only downer was I only got 18mpg on the trip. If you don't mind spending a little extra on gas, this is a great vehicle!!

The power and the capability of the 4wd system.

Better gas mileage. Turn the 4.7L V8 engine into a multidisplacement engine like the 5.7L Hemi. I think it would help the gas mileage.