Used 2006 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Great Vechicle- Exceptional Value
By Mr.Mom

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Exceptional features minus the bling. As a 6'4 Mr.Mom, I can comfortably haul our kids or sheets of drywall without missing a beat! I get 14mpg in the city and about 19-20mpg on the highway. Our Durango is a pleasure to drive. Steering is smooth and responsive. The interior is quiet. By the way, on the freeway the Hemi is the real deal! When you need to change lanes it goes into warp speed although the driver always feels a sense of being in total control.

Navigation system, handsfree phone, DVD, and Hemi.

Materials could be more refined.Less hard, monochrome plastic.

One of my Favourites
By Jamie

2006 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition so it was loaded with all the goodies. When I bought the Durango it was SXT model so it doesn't have any of the bells and whistles that the Explorer had but it drives much smoother, faster, and is more comfortable than the Explorer. I regret not getting the Hemi and SLT or Limited edition but I was already at my limit. Cold mornings it's a little sluggish until it gets warm but the past few days of hot weather in Colorado it's fast off the mark!

3rd row seating. Space

I wish the front bumper wasn't so big. The 2007 they shortened it. I know it's a V8 but I wish I had better fuel economy. 15 MPG is not good enough!

Great SUV
By Dave Pummell

2006 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 Dodge Durango while Chrysler offered $5,000 off or 0% financing (actually the $5,000 off was the better deal with it being financed elsewhere). I love the truck. It is very capable in 4wd and offers plenty of power. I also love the sound of the V8. Nothing sounds better than a V8. I recently drove through the mountains of VA and WVA and was very pleased with how much power the Durango had. The only downer was I only got 18mpg on the trip. If you don't mind spending a little extra on gas, this is a great vehicle!!

The power and the capability of the 4wd system.

Better gas mileage. Turn the 4.7L V8 engine into a multidisplacement engine like the 5.7L Hemi. I think it would help the gas mileage.

Love It!
By Jackie

2006 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 1 year old Jeep Liberty that my husband surprised me with, way too small, he was understanding and we decided to look for new trucks. We almost bought the Lexus GX440 for alot more money, but decided to leave the dealer on the way home saw the Durango for a lot less money. We did purchase an extended warranty a week after at a Chrysler dealership and the warranty was much cheaper. I love this truck, rides great, gas is what I expected it to be. And with the $6000.00 rebate you can't beat it.

Heated leather seats, satellite radio. Third row seat has a lot of room. DVD entertainment. The side impact air bags are a must, reclining middle row seat. I havent found one thing I don't like about it.

I really love this truck and for the price, I cant think of a thing.

For the Kids
By 4theKIDS

2006 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I haul football players all the time. This SUV has been to LA four times in two months with a load of kids and lots of equipment. I love the ride. The teenagers do not have a problem in the third row, nor is there a complaint as I got this SUV at the same price as I purchased a 2005 Honda Accord. I do wish the fuel was better. I have the low end SUV, but still have all power and room for 7! I must also state that I am a real estate agent, and this SUV may not have been one of the high end utilities that my peers have but I look just as good!

The price, and the $7000.00 rebate. I would not have been able to get out of my prior car if not for the extra help from Dodge.

Driver's seat needs better back support. The third row is a little harder to get into for me, but the kids have not had a problem.