2006 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Best Truck I've ever owned!
By cd493 on 01/28/10 12:38 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is great. I just bought it about a month ago. It is has the Hemi engine which is the best preforming truck I have ever driven. It can tow like hell and it is so comfortable I wouldn't even know I am towing anything. If you are in the market for an suv This is a great option.

Good solid vehicle- 2006 Durango Limited
By Warren on 10/10/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this 2006 Limited HEMI for 3 years now and no problems whatsoever. This is an excellent SUV. It will tow just about any trailer with the 5.7L HEMI. Fit and finish on the interior of the Limited model is very good overall. Plenty of off the line power with no lag. Factory Navigation system from Alpine is very good, although it isn't touchscreen and requires CD map updates periodically. Ride and comfort are exceptional. Visibility is outstanding. Perhaps a bit better final inspection as a drain pipe wasn't originally installed in the side pillar which caused water leaks in the first rain. Dealer installed at no charge. Overall, Dodge makes some very fine trucks like this one.

25 mpg with a Hemi!
By Eddie on 10/14/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for 2 years and have taken many long trips and done quite a bit of towing. When driven conservatively, I experienced 25 mpg on a trip from NY to Vermont! It is an amazing vehicle and has been very reliable. I have had very few issues with the vehicle and the only disappointing factor is the rapid depreciation. I picked it up when it was 4 months old with 4000 miles for 20k, so I'm in a better situation than most who purchased these vehicles new, but based off my ownership experience and total and complete satisfaction, I would recommend a Durango to anyone looking for the extra space and ability to tow.

It's got a Hemi
By ronezinc on 10/16/07 07:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got rid of my anemic performing 4.7 V- 8 Dakota that wouldn't tow worth a hoot, got a Hemi that gets better gas mileage (multi displacement technology) and tows great.

Great Vechicle- Exceptional Value
By Mr.Mom on 04/04/07 05:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Exceptional features minus the bling. As a 6'4 Mr.Mom, I can comfortably haul our kids or sheets of drywall without missing a beat! I get 14mpg in the city and about 19-20mpg on the highway. Our Durango is a pleasure to drive. Steering is smooth and responsive. The interior is quiet. By the way, on the freeway the Hemi is the real deal! When you need to change lanes it goes into warp speed although the driver always feels a sense of being in total control.

Love my Durango!
By Love it! on 11/06/05 22:00 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just picked this vehicle up and it's a dream. The HEMI is very responsive and it drives like a dream. Kind of like driving a recliner down the highway. Got the loaded out Limited with navigation, 6 disk changer, Sirus Satellite radio and DVD player. It's Inferno Red which I guess is a new color for this year. Heated seats, love the auto climate control too. I has the tip start feature to which works pretty good. I always have a confident feeling while driving this Durango. I've read other posts here before deciding to buy and a few listed gas mileage specs. I've got over 1000 miles and the average economy on the highway is between 18 and 20 mpg. I supposed a heavy foot could change that

Durango SLT Hemi
By blane on 09/15/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Analyzed the difference in mileage between the Durango Hemi 2WD vs. the Tribute 2WD we owned. Based on our actual experience, over a 2000 mile trip at $3.00 per gallon, we would pay approximately $35.00 more to drive the Durango. More room, more power, improved interior services such as third row seating and rear heat/ac controls. Bang for buck, the Durango is larger, quieter, stronger, more powerful. Only a slight increase in insurance coverage ($5.00/mo.) over the Tribute. $390 more for fuel on an annual basis. I think it's worth the price for the increased safety, comfort and carrying capacity. Point of clarification, we own the 2005 Durango SLT 2WD with the Hemi engine. Thanks.

Durango, Fuelish Fun
By Mel Green on 09/05/05 23:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle, fun to drive,handles and drives like no other truck, tight and responsive, and the ride is oh so smooth. Let's not forget that Hemi it,s a gotta have, The interior a little plain could use more eh..style? but its nicely put together and very functional. Exterior nice all around, you learn to love the pinched snout (that's where the Hemi is) 2007 will bring a new nose. Now it's Achille's heel. Gas mileage window sticker 13 city 18 hwy. My avg 12.2 cty 21 hwy now i gotta say the right foot is a little Hemi happy. In these $3.00 bucks plus fuel days I sometimes yearn for a car again. But, it is a truck, and it sucks fuel like one. would I recommend it ? Yes

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.