Used 2006 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

This is considered an SUV?
By americanmade2

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well in December of 2010, my family got this car. at first it was great ... but then the horrid hard plastics started breaking on the seat belt covers and on the seat belt buckle itself the buckle in the third row is completely useless! the hard plastics are also bad they just look tacky. the seats in the second row are not comfortable for longer than an hour. the leg room in the second row is bad... really bad my son who is 5'4 complains! the car has a problem shifting and gets valves clogged all the time! our family hates this... thing! we are buying a 2007 Lexus GX 470 in a month hope its better!!

sirius xm radio, alpine stereo system, leather.

better ergonomics, less use of hard plastic, better quality, better fuel economy better leg room.

Its a Pile of Junk
By carman97

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

my family bought a 06' Durango SLT in December of 2010 for me when i turn 16, so far most of the plastic on the seat belts has fallen off, the motor and the transmission needs full replacing because it burns oil and its lazy and doesnt want to shift into second gear. What was Dodge thinking in 2006??

Satellite Radio, Alpine Stereo, lots of room in the back when the third row is folded down.

better plastics, softer plastics, less plastics, better leather, more second row legroom!!!!!! i mean im 5'4 and im crampt back there

I Love My Dodge
By JT in SC

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a Dodge man. I love the power of my Dodge HEMI. My wife and I bought it originally so that we could travel with our whole family for my job. Great on road handling. I drive much more cautiously than I did when I was younger, so I treat this truck like a baby. But when I need power to pass or tow. WOW! It goes like a bat out of you-know-where.

Heated seats power everything. 3rd row seats or LOTS of cargo room. Entertainment system

I can say fuel economy, but Dodge will never listen, they have Tim Allen syndrome!

Overall Great Car
By T

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Plastic covers always fall off and snap. But this car is Awesome. When you drive, It's so smooth, But the Roar of the car is so GREAT. you just have the feeling of Driving some tank, But it's just an SUV. The handling is good, Braking is pretty Good.

Wood Trim, AWD, Folding down Rear Seats.

Rear A/C is Not cold, Plastic Covers fall off.

Best Truck I've ever owned!
By cd493

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is great. I just bought it about a month ago. It is has the Hemi engine which is the best preforming truck I have ever driven. It can tow like hell and it is so comfortable I wouldn't even know I am towing anything. If you are in the market for an suv This is a great option.

Navigation system talks to me, Dvd player, etc...

front and rear bumper plastic it is very flimsy.