Used 2006 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

2006 durango limited 5.7 hemi
By brittani p.

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It doesn't list the option of of the 5.7 L hemi but that's what it is. I bought it in November of 2015. So far so good I really like it and I'm a Chevy girl so I'm surprised! The plastic seat parts where mostly broken off when I bought it but it seems to be normal for this car. Motor and transmission are running strong. The kids really like the DVD player. The back seats fold very easily, my 6 year old can get out from the back row on her own and she couldn't in our 2001 Tahoe. I find the car very comfortable with plenty of leg room. I hate that there is really no trunk unless the 3rd row is down but that's with most mid size suv's. The technology is lacking for a 2006 I think. Over all I would give it a 4 out of 5 horns! ;)

Lots of Power!
By CMH

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased the 5.7 Hemi. I would pass my friends uphill while pulling a horse trailer as they pulled nothing. At the same time I can't expect much in the way of Fuel Economy. Not the greatest on comfort or technology but it got the job done. Loved the 3rd row. The quality of materials was not great. Also experienced the loss of a few seat belt covers.

This is considered an SUV?
By americanmade2

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well in December of 2010, my family got this car. at first it was great ... but then the horrid hard plastics started breaking on the seat belt covers and on the seat belt buckle itself the buckle in the third row is completely useless! the hard plastics are also bad they just look tacky. the seats in the second row are not comfortable for longer than an hour. the leg room in the second row is bad... really bad my son who is 5'4 complains! the car has a problem shifting and gets valves clogged all the time! our family hates this... thing! we are buying a 2007 Lexus GX 470 in a month hope its better!!

sirius xm radio, alpine stereo system, leather.

better ergonomics, less use of hard plastic, better quality, better fuel economy better leg room.

Its a Pile of Junk
By carman97

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

my family bought a 06' Durango SLT in December of 2010 for me when i turn 16, so far most of the plastic on the seat belts has fallen off, the motor and the transmission needs full replacing because it burns oil and its lazy and doesnt want to shift into second gear. What was Dodge thinking in 2006??

Satellite Radio, Alpine Stereo, lots of room in the back when the third row is folded down.

better plastics, softer plastics, less plastics, better leather, more second row legroom!!!!!! i mean im 5'4 and im crampt back there

I Love My Dodge
By JT in SC

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a Dodge man. I love the power of my Dodge HEMI. My wife and I bought it originally so that we could travel with our whole family for my job. Great on road handling. I drive much more cautiously than I did when I was younger, so I treat this truck like a baby. But when I need power to pass or tow. WOW! It goes like a bat out of you-know-where.

Heated seats power everything. 3rd row seats or LOTS of cargo room. Entertainment system

I can say fuel economy, but Dodge will never listen, they have Tim Allen syndrome!