2006 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
This is considered an SUV?
By americanmade2 on 06/17/12 18:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well in December of 2010, my family got this car. at first it was great ... but then the horrid hard plastics started breaking on the seat belt covers and on the seat belt buckle itself the buckle in the third row is completely useless! the hard plastics are also bad they just look tacky. the seats in the second row are not comfortable for longer than an hour. the leg room in the second row is bad... really bad my son who is 5'4 complains! the car has a problem shifting and gets valves clogged all the time! our family hates this... thing! we are buying a 2007 Lexus GX 470 in a month hope its better!!

Its a Pile of Junk
By carman97 on 01/04/12 17:53 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

my family bought a 06' Durango SLT in December of 2010 for me when i turn 16, so far most of the plastic on the seat belts has fallen off, the motor and the transmission needs full replacing because it burns oil and its lazy and doesnt want to shift into second gear. What was Dodge thinking in 2006??

I Love My Dodge
By JT in SC on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a Dodge man. I love the power of my Dodge HEMI. My wife and I bought it originally so that we could travel with our whole family for my job. Great on road handling. I drive much more cautiously than I did when I was younger, so I treat this truck like a baby. But when I need power to pass or tow. WOW! It goes like a bat out of you-know-where.

Overall Great Car
By T on 06/21/10 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Plastic covers always fall off and snap. But this car is Awesome. When you drive, It's so smooth, But the Roar of the car is so GREAT. you just have the feeling of Driving some tank, But it's just an SUV. The handling is good, Braking is pretty Good.

Best Truck I've ever owned!
By cd493 on 01/28/10 12:38 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is great. I just bought it about a month ago. It is has the Hemi engine which is the best preforming truck I have ever driven. It can tow like hell and it is so comfortable I wouldn't even know I am towing anything. If you are in the market for an suv This is a great option.

Good solid vehicle- 2006 Durango Limited
By Warren on 10/10/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this 2006 Limited HEMI for 3 years now and no problems whatsoever. This is an excellent SUV. It will tow just about any trailer with the 5.7L HEMI. Fit and finish on the interior of the Limited model is very good overall. Plenty of off the line power with no lag. Factory Navigation system from Alpine is very good, although it isn't touchscreen and requires CD map updates periodically. Ride and comfort are exceptional. Visibility is outstanding. Perhaps a bit better final inspection as a drain pipe wasn't originally installed in the side pillar which caused water leaks in the first rain. Dealer installed at no charge. Overall, Dodge makes some very fine trucks like this one.

Hate this SUV !
By sue on 08/18/09 14:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Chevy, Ford & Dodge SUVs, This is by far the worst. I had my Ford Explorer for 100,000 miles and no major problems, Chevy Trailblazer, I owned for short time, but no problems. This SUV I have had back to the dealer 3 times for the same problem, it doesn't want to shift into higher gears, a few times the tack jumped between 1 & 2 like crazy for no reason and the dealer can not fix it ! The A/C doesn't cool off the back seat at all, the plastic has broke around both front seats. I only have 27,000 miles and I have all these problems already. I'm going back to Ford and not touching a Dodge again. It's a shame because my parents both drive Dodges also, we were a Dodge family !

my durango
By Patty on 07/27/09 21:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First off, I am used to driving Suburbans, so I've had a bit of a time trying to get used to the Durango. The Durango is a well build, beautiful vehicle, it just isn't the right vehicle for me. The tight suspension is my main complaint with the rugged/harsh side by side rocking each time I go over a small bump of any kind. I find the front seats very uncomfortable for both my hubby and myself. My daughters love it for comfort and traveling, but for us its a no go. Passengers in the middle row seat leaves absolutely no leg room for them. Where is all this spacious room that is advertised in the Durango? I do not like the cargo room either. It's just not a practicle vehicle for me.

A good value & a solid vehicle
By usnavoff on 04/17/09 07:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned SUV's from GM, Ford and Hyundai, both new and used. This is my second used Durango- the other is a 2007 which I just sold to my daughter & son-in-law. For performance, ride quality & comfort, safety features and purchase value, I feel the Durango is unsurpassed. I recommend purchasing a Certified Used Vehicle- peace of mind for a few more dollars, especially if you intend to keep the vehicle for at least several years.

Great SUV!
By Bentgang on 02/26/09 10:22 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased this Durango as second owners, vehicle off lease. Had 14000 miles on it up to 36000 now. A couple of waranty items, the dash module had to be replaced, other than that is has been excellent vehicle. Averages 19-23 mpg on highway. Very solid nice ride, does great in the snow/ice. We enjoy the versatile seating/stereo/dvd/comfort of the durango. Heated seats a must for leather

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.