2005 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Happy, but not completely sati

2005 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Review

Happy, but not completely satisfied.
By Charles Carson on

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For its cost, I think this is a very good vehicle. I have the Hemi engine and it has plenty of power for towing, etc., and the ride is exceptional for a AWD SUV. I love the "bluetooth" U- Connect phone option and the "Sirius" satelite radio. However, there are some things that bother me about it. The interior plastics look a little cheap and too dark. The leg room in the 2nd row is tight, especially in the center position, and I wish the the floor over the 3rd row would fold flat. I also miss the interior room of my old Yukon and having "Onstar" and daytime headlights. I've noticed the front door hinges appear to be loose, but they aren't, the atachment points are flexing for some reason.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the Hemi engine, U-connect "bluetooth" phone connection, "Sirius" satelite radio, and the Navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

The interior materials and colors should be improved and a split temperature control for the front seat passengers would be nice. I would also like an "Onstar" type option and daytime headlights.