Great SUV no problems at all.
By captain_jim2 on
2005 Dodge Durango ST 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have had the Durango a little over 4 years. I have not had one single reason to bring it to the shop other than routine oil changes and the 60,000 mile service which I had done by my mechanic not the local Dodge dealer as Landers McCarty in Huntsville is totally dishonest. The options listed the ST with the 4.7 V8 as a 4x4 although mine is just rear wheel drive but they did not have that option. I felt it important to list the V8 since I can not speak for the reliability of the other engines. I also get 14-16 Mpg around town and at least 20 Mpg on trips. I would highly recommend this SUV.
Favorite Features
Nice looking. Plenty of room and nice towing vehicle especially with the Tow/Haul package. I also love how easy it is to fold down the second and third row of seats if needed. I usually keep the third row folded down in fact.
Suggested Improvements
I think the new Hemi is an improvement for the new ones. However I like the fact my Durango is truck based as I know it is heavy duty and I do not know if the same will be true for the new models of the Durango although I am told they are great to drive.