2005 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Good for 50k miles

2005 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Good for 50k miles
By Bob on

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a maintenance nightmare. Go ahead and pull out the maintenance schedule and you will see what I mean. For example, plugs every 30k miles, axle flush ever 15k miles, transmission fluid every 30k miles, etc, etc, etc. This was a nice SUV for about 50k miles, but it has had problems with the steering and irritating clunking noise coming from the front suspension. The fuel tank has problems so it like to shoot fuel all over the place if you fill it up and allow the pump to automatically shut off. The transmission has started to slip and there is an idle problem that causes it to die. Has had this problem since about 30k miles. Just poor quality overall. We have the 4.7L Magnum.

Three row seating, leather interior, although the seat is falling apart.

Build quality! This could be an outstanding vehicle if it had some build quality! I love to drive it when it's running right, but I just wish I would run right! Never again will I buy another Dodge though.