2005 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Good but Ugly

2005 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Good but Ugly
By Mike on

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have every option. Mechanically, I've changed the oil and she runs and runs. Interior build quality is a joke, I've had numerous parts just fall off including the infamous seat belt holder and the door reflectors on both sides. The air conditioning stinks. Heater blower too. The light tan interior is a super pain to keep clean especially the arm rest. Mileage is a joke for a few reasons. Number one. The computer mileage is not even close to being accurate. Two, my odometer is off 7%. Therefore if I travel 100 actual land miles my Durango says I went 107. Dealer says no fix. I say extend my warranty 2500 miles. Well we all know where that got me. The usual dumb look from the service manager.

Sirius, volume controls on wheel. Hemi. The thing can tow anything I throw at it 80 MPH. Infinity stereo rocks. She can take a beating. Basically, I am pretty amenable guy and she hasn't stranded me yet!

Air conditioning, it really does stink. 2nd row seating leg room is non-existent. I would like my interior parts to stay on. Computer has reset on me 2 times coming off highway ramps. That is a bit scary as your pedal goes to the floor and your speedo resets, kinda freaky. Roof rack scratches easy