2005 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Excellent vehicle

2005 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Review

Excellent vehicle
By krd on

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had owned a 2000 Durango and liked it very much. The only thing that I felt it needed was a smoother ride. Well all I needed to do was drive a new Durango and I was sold. What a sweet ride this truck has...more like a car then a truck. Great handling and it feels very nimble and quick. Didnít get the hemi engine but am very satisfied with the 4.7... it is a mighty fine engine! Plenty of get up and go for me and since I donít tow it is all the engine I need. Yes, like my other Durango the gas mileage could be better but I knew that buying an SUV. The interior is comfortable with excellent instrumentation. Love the way the gauges light at night; easy on the eyes! Wonderful vehicle!

Comfort of the interior and usefulness of all the gauges. Quiet ride and great handling. Everything is where it should be and easy to get to. Exterior styling is different and not mainstream like so many "boxy" suvs built these days. Visibility is great with a deep windshield.

The only thing I would put in here is the lack of second row seat legroom. Could improve on that.