Durango Does Not Disappoint!
By Al on
2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I bought my Durango in 5/05 and have put over 20k miles on it thus far. I have never felt obligated to write a review on a vehicle before, but I am really impressed with this SUV. My previous two SUVs were a Bronco II and Ford Explorer. I was all set to buy another Ford Explorer when I decided to give the Durango a test drive. From the first moment I drove the Durango until the present day, I still find myself thinking what a nice truck. No comparison to the Fords, the Durango is another class. It is so solid, quiet, comfortable, commanding and the Hemi just plain hauls. Recently had to make a trip from NH to CT during a blizzard, the AWD/4WD/antilock brakes were amazing! Great SUV!
Favorite Features
Commanding driver's view, smooth quiet solid ride, infinity stereo is amazing, navigation system, hemi power is awesome, heated seats, driver memory system (seats, mirrors, pedals, radio settings and climate), auto dim and defrosting mirrors, sun roof, its all good . . . get all the toys!
Suggested Improvements
This is a big heavy SUV, not a sports car, it flys down the straights but you have to respect physics on the turns. Probably unrealistic, but it would be nice if the suspension could be refined to handle the turns a bit better. Adjustable leg room on second row seats would be great too.