A great SUV
By B M on
2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have been driving the Durango for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. This replaced a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo. It is very comfortable to drive and though it is large, it does not feel massive to me. The hood is short making it easy to see whatís in front of you and good visibility makes is easy to park. The 4.7L V8 does what I expected with a 3 ton vehicle. It is not quick on the start, but does not feel like it is struggling. It has a great ride, handling, and turn radius for a truck. As for gas mileage, the overhead console says I average 15 on the street and 22 on the highway. I am use to driving SUVís and the Rodeo averaged 20mpg overall.
Favorite Features
Lots of cargo room (with the 3rd seat down) and taller than the older models which makes it easy to see whatís around you. Rear air conditioning control. Plush cloth interior that is a solid color. Not splashed taupe and teal. The third row seat is far easier to put down than the 2002 model.
Suggested Improvements
Larger glove box, more interior lighting, larger side mirrors, passenger seat on the SLT model should have power/ pouch on the back. Plastic chrome looking grill should be color keyed, or replaced with Ďrealí metal chrome. Rear glass should open. Not use Goodyear Wrangler tires.