2005 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Great SUV
By Oliver on 12/25/05 20:18 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We went from a Mid Size SUV to yhr Durango and it was the best choice ever. It's fun to drive, the interior is well designed and it's very reliable. Fuel mileage is what you can expect from a V8. It was a great buy, seating for 8 easily, comfortable and a very smooth ride. Love It.

Great 4x4
By beecuzz on 12/20/05 16:17 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well I have had quite a few vehicles in my time 56 to be exact --- most of them Chrysler products and my current aquisition is a great one. Comfort, power, room ---- what else can some one ask for?

Love my Durango
By Reesie on 12/19/05 16:08 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Durango has EVERY available option, and I absolutely love this car, it's a good family car without looking like a family car. The HEMI does use a lot of gas and the gas mileage could be better but I think it's worth the little extra it costs to get the powerful engine.

Durango Review
By Theresa on 12/01/05 19:02 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Even with the low gas mileage I have been very happy with my Durango. Not only is it a comfortable ride, it is also very capable in bad weather. The interior has a lot of room for extra passengers and with the 3rd row of seats folded down there is a lot of cargo space. Going on vacation with 2 adults and 2 children we had plenty of room for everything we packed along with a couple coolers. When extra space is needed to haul bigger items, the 2nd row also folds down. With both the 2nd and 3rd rows folded down we have even slept in the back when weather got bad while camping. Would highly recommend the Durango.

This car stinks
By Paula Dambroff on 12/01/05 16:36 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lousy gas mileage, large blind spots, dash board panel is not thought out well, things are just stuck haphazardly around and the back seat is too small. Why did I get this car? I have no idea.... I want my Pathfinder back!

Dodge DUrango lover
By Sue on 12/01/05 15:43 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my Durango, It's hemi makes it feel like a sporty vehicle gas mileage is bad..... 14 mpg per highway. Tows like a champ. Overall a great vehicle without the SUV feel.

New car for the Used car guy
By Bob on 11/29/05 19:31 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always bought used cars because of the instant huge depreciation when it is driven off the dealer's lot, but with the insentives and rebates offered to make way for the 06 models, this was an excellent deal. I am very impressed with the smooth ride and agile handling of this large, heavy SUV - this thing is rock solid, not a squeak anywhere. The 4.7L V8 engine has more than enough power to get out of it's own way and haul an average size boat or trailer. The 4WD and antilock brakes make driving in snow effortless. I still prefer the more rugged styling of the older models and the dashboard seems a bit bland, but it dosen't have overdone flair and glitz like other "luxury" models.

I traded my Dodge Ram for a Durango SXT
By Randall Hill on 11/15/05 15:09 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I decided to trade my Dodge Ram for a Durango after I heard about the great deal I could get on one. It all started when I decided to stop at the dealer to take a look at one and test drive it. 2 hours later I was taking it home.

Excellent Family Vehicle
By WillyBee on 11/02/05 00:09 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Silver Durango has all the amenities that a growing family requires in a vehicle. Plenty of storage space, a great sound system with DVD player. The ride is very smooth and the seating comfortable. Great styling in the body and interior design. I absolutely love my Durango.

Not great, not bad - just right
By Sean Davis on 10/21/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased IN July 05, out the door at 28,500 with Employee discount, rebate etc ... Traded Eddie Bauer Expedition in. Miss all the do-dads from the Ford but it's been a great truck so far. Should have gotten the 2 speed transfer but still works well in sand etc