2005 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Best Full Size SUV Ever
By Durango on 04/17/06 12:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my Durango as a utility purchase. It has the best towing capacity of any full size SUV on the market. It pulls my boat wonderfully! After having it a short while I have fallen in love with it. It is the most comfortable and easy to drive vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned several. I love the deep throaty growl the Hemi lets out when she is opened up. It is not overbearing keep in mind. Just enough to let you know that I am a bad machine. The Durango is very easy to manuever and park in those tight places. If you are in the market for a full size SUV that can pull and that is comfortable this is the one for you.

Love this Beast
By Allen on 03/22/06 06:25 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the becoming the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have had a Jeep Grand, Liberty, BMW, etc. This is the most fun to drive!! Gas is gas, I actually average 17 mpg in town, based on not hot rodding. I get 20 mpg on the highway without the displacement.

Durango Does Not Disappoint!
By Al on 02/22/06 14:48 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Durango in 5/05 and have put over 20k miles on it thus far. I have never felt obligated to write a review on a vehicle before, but I am really impressed with this SUV. My previous two SUVs were a Bronco II and Ford Explorer. I was all set to buy another Ford Explorer when I decided to give the Durango a test drive. From the first moment I drove the Durango until the present day, I still find myself thinking what a nice truck. No comparison to the Fords, the Durango is another class. It is so solid, quiet, comfortable, commanding and the Hemi just plain hauls. Recently had to make a trip from NH to CT during a blizzard, the AWD/4WD/antilock brakes were amazing! Great SUV!

Powerful
By steve sherwood on 02/10/06 12:44 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Far and away the most powerful vehicle I've ever owned. Fantastic in snow. Only downside is the driver's seat, it needs to be softer. Other than that it's a great auto!

What a Lemon
By Ian from Denver on 02/09/06 18:35 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this 2005 Durango SLT w/ HEMI since Sept 2005. So far it has been a HUGE disappointment. Things that went wrong with it: 1) The CD player stopped ejecting CDs within the 1st month. 2) The front passanger door was bent and the dealership had to adjust it. 3) There is a constant air leak from all windows. At speeds of 60+ mph it gets rather noisy inside. 4) The overdrive off (or as they call it tow/haul)works whenever it wants to. 5) Going down steep hills in 2nd gear the vehicle keeps accelerating and slowing down on its own - can't keep a constant speed. 6) Even w/ the HEMI it is very sluggish and underpowered. No pickup at all - my LIBERTY accelerates better.

Fun to Drive
By irishprincess on 01/30/06 23:32 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our Durango about two months ago. The satelite radio is a favorite feature for our family because when you travel, you do not lose your channel. The middle row has plenty of room to seat adults, however the 3rd row seat is recommended for kids. The cargo space is adequate, but you would have to use the luggage rack if taking alot with you on a trip. We opted to get a DVD system on our own because it is less expensive than the dealerships price. The gas mileage is not great, we average 13.5 MPG. The guage in the upper console tells you your average gas mileage, which is a nice feature. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. We love ours.

I'm Glad I Got Rid of my Ford
By Bry on 01/30/06 22:07 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Durango! The old body style was ugly but, this one is totally hot. I'm the youngest person I've ever seen driving one. I have a powerful V8, I don't think a V6 would be enough power for so much SUV. We love it.

This Durango really surprises me!
By Tim in NY on 01/26/06 15:18 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

All I can say is Wow! What a smooth, plush vehicle with an unbelievable amount of features. The Hemi is just awesome and moves the vehicle effortlessly. The 2nd and 3rd row seats are actually comfortable and easily accessible, and the DVD with the wireless headsets is a blessing for the kids as well as the parents! The Durango Limited has to be one of the best kept secrets in this segment. I'm guessing the mediocre gas mileage is what kills the resale value.

Great!
By Angel on 01/18/06 11:14 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove this to a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I previously owned a Grand Cherokee older model and loved it. When I got in the Durango there was no going back. I have never driven a vehicle that drives so smooth with such comfort. We took it on a trip about 1450-1500 miles round trip we paid just under $220 gas round trip. Less than expected! The only thing I regret about our purchase is that we didnt go for the glory and get the loaded version, hemi, navigation, dvd, but when we trade it in I can't see myself buying anything else. Test drive this before purchasing any other SUV! Im glad I did!

NH Durango
By peter on 12/27/05 16:03 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my Durango in May 2005. This is the first Dodge product I have ever owned I sold and drove Ford products for ten years and never would dream of owning a Dodge product. Well I can honestly say I'm sold on this product. The vehicle is so much nicer than any Explorer or Expedition I have owned or driven. Fit and finish are very good and it is quieter than my wifes '06 Honda Accord. It is the perfect size and goes down the highway like a Caddy. I have 6000 miles on it only maintanence is oil changes and tire rotations. No rattles or squeaks feels like it is molded from a piece of granite. Only regret is the 4.7 it has decent power but i wish I had a Hemi. Hats off to Dodge, great SUV