Used 2005 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Dodge DUrango lover
By Sue

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my Durango, It's hemi makes it feel like a sporty vehicle gas mileage is bad..... 14 mpg per highway. Tows like a champ. Overall a great vehicle without the SUV feel.

Favorite Features

Hemi, Hemi, Hemi, Leather interior, DVD player.

Suggested Improvements

Softer leather maybe european, a few more bells and whistles

New car for the Used car guy
By Bob

2005 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always bought used cars because of the instant huge depreciation when it is driven off the dealer's lot, but with the insentives and rebates offered to make way for the 06 models, this was an excellent deal. I am very impressed with the smooth ride and agile handling of this large, heavy SUV - this thing is rock solid, not a squeak anywhere. The 4.7L V8 engine has more than enough power to get out of it's own way and haul an average size boat or trailer. The 4WD and antilock brakes make driving in snow effortless. I still prefer the more rugged styling of the older models and the dashboard seems a bit bland, but it dosen't have overdone flair and glitz like other "luxury" models.

Favorite Features

Easy shift AWD to 4LOCK, very balanced ride - especially in cornering, and smooth steering. Excellent headroom and plenty of comfortable seats for the family. All-in-all a very satisfying vehicle to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Should have a tow package and 4 wheel independant traction control as standard. The glove box could stand to be bigger (I know, kind of nit-picky, but you can't cram much more than the owners manual in there)

I traded my Dodge Ram for a Durango SXT
By Randall Hill

2005 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I decided to trade my Dodge Ram for a Durango after I heard about the great deal I could get on one. It all started when I decided to stop at the dealer to take a look at one and test drive it. 2 hours later I was taking it home.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the all wheel drive and four wheel drive option. I also enjoy the room i have and comfort of it.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge should consider painted bumpers and fog lights. I decided to have them installed on mine. There is a kit out for it and was pretty cheap to buy and install. The fog lights really do help the look of it.

Excellent Family Vehicle
By WillyBee

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Silver Durango has all the amenities that a growing family requires in a vehicle. Plenty of storage space, a great sound system with DVD player. The ride is very smooth and the seating comfortable. Great styling in the body and interior design. I absolutely love my Durango.

Favorite Features

Storage for strollers, playpens, etc. when travelling. Outstanding entertainment system.

Suggested Improvements

Include running boards with all models.

Not great, not bad - just right
By Sean Davis

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased IN July 05, out the door at 28,500 with Employee discount, rebate etc ... Traded Eddie Bauer Expedition in. Miss all the do-dads from the Ford but it's been a great truck so far. Should have gotten the 2 speed transfer but still works well in sand etc

Favorite Features

Folding seats, good size for travelling. Tow capacity is outstanding, 4.8 does well with med to med/large trailers.

Suggested Improvements

A/C plain out stinks. Delivered with a low charge and can't keep the truck cool at idle even with rear air. Not a quick as I would like but passable.