2005 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Happy, but not completely satisfied.
By Charles Carson on 02/15/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For its cost, I think this is a very good vehicle. I have the Hemi engine and it has plenty of power for towing, etc., and the ride is exceptional for a AWD SUV. I love the "bluetooth" U- Connect phone option and the "Sirius" satelite radio. However, there are some things that bother me about it. The interior plastics look a little cheap and too dark. The leg room in the 2nd row is tight, especially in the center position, and I wish the the floor over the 3rd row would fold flat. I also miss the interior room of my old Yukon and having "Onstar" and daytime headlights. I've noticed the front door hinges appear to be loose, but they aren't, the atachment points are flexing for some reason.

My First Dodge!
By David Nolen on 02/04/05 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango ST 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was initially captivated by the bold, muscular and clean curves of the vehicle. I took the vehicle for a test drive at the urging of my sales representative and before I made it onto the highway, my wallet started looking for a place to hide. It was time to bury my ambition to purchase another Nissan. I settled on the ST 4/2 with the 4.7 Magnum engine. It has the right blend of power and smooth acceleration. The interior is spacious and well appointed with the appropriate luxuries which include power windows, side mirrors, power locks and an AM/FM radio with CD.

Awesome Car
By Awesome Truck on 02/03/05 17:36 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded my 04 SLT with leather and Hemi for a Limited with Hemi, sunroof, DVD, nav sys, I absolutely love it. It's fun to drive, it's comfortable, it's got that muscle look on the outside, I would recommend this car for everyone. It's a great buy for the price.

Durango LTD
By TIBBY on 01/08/05 12:55 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the new "Hemi" Durango Ltd. The only things I would change about it would be the front fender and hood design, and on the interior, the length of seatbelts in the front. I'm a big guy,but have never had a problem with the length of seatbelts in any vehicle except this one. Overall, Dodge hit a homerun with the "Hemi" Durango.

Excellent vehicle
By krd on 01/05/05 21:12 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had owned a 2000 Durango and liked it very much. The only thing that I felt it needed was a smoother ride. Well all I needed to do was drive a new Durango and I was sold. What a sweet ride this truck has...more like a car then a truck. Great handling and it feels very nimble and quick. Didn’t get the hemi engine but am very satisfied with the 4.7... it is a mighty fine engine! Plenty of get up and go for me and since I don’t tow it is all the engine I need. Yes, like my other Durango the gas mileage could be better but I knew that buying an SUV. The interior is comfortable with excellent instrumentation. Love the way the gauges light at night; easy on the eyes! Wonderful vehicle!

Our New Dodge
By pbssheltie on 01/02/05 11:39 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We owned a 2001 durango and just traded up. We love the new 2005 model. It has a smoother ride and much more luxury feel. We have the limited edition and I would recommend it highly.

Durango SLT HEMI
By JOE DIRT on 01/02/05 06:44 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have checked all the body panels for flush fits. Over all quality looks good. The leather seats seem a little hard for my likes. With the 4x4 lock on the Durango cuts through the snow like a snowmobile. As far as gas mileage I have gotten over 18mpg on all highway and 14mpg in the city with the hemi; it depends on your driving style. I would recommend the Durango to anyone; Chrysler hit a home run on this suv.

Excellent...............
By Mr.B on 12/30/04 08:13 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just a great handling SUV. In snow or on the beach, it never bogs down just motors along. On the parkway or open road it flys and handles like a dream. Exterior and interior are great everything at your finger tips. Sound system with the navigation aid is excellent love the radio and the Satellite radio too. All around great deal for the price.

Great Value
By Deb M on 12/08/04 22:49 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We looked at all the SUV's and this is by far the best value. Don't let the sticker scare you, expect $8000 off with the rebates, etc. The vehicle is very comfortable for 6, its quiet, good manners, the DVD/sound system is awesome, the climate contol (front and rear) is flawless and the Hemi makes the thing go like a sports car. I bought a pimped out Limited for $32K and its under warranty for 70K miles. I think the fit and finish is superb, especially among american brands. Fold the seats down and there is tons of room, fits 4x8 sheets of plywood flat on floor, tows like 12,000 lbs. I am very happy with our choice.

Master of the Road
By J.D Hanke on 12/08/04 11:52 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've always been a Dodge fan, but my new Durango has me hooked for life. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I traved through some of the worst winter driving conditions of my experience. Never have I felt more connected to the road that I was with the Durango's AWD. My family rode comfortable for 7 hours and I had full confidence in the vehicle. It's all I'd ever wanted or excected in an SUV!