Used 2005 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Great SUV
By Oliver

2005 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We went from a Mid Size SUV to yhr Durango and it was the best choice ever. It's fun to drive, the interior is well designed and it's very reliable. Fuel mileage is what you can expect from a V8. It was a great buy, seating for 8 easily, comfortable and a very smooth ride. Love It.

Favorite Features

The whole thing!

Suggested Improvements

Standard Side Steps; Day Time Running Lights; A lift gate where the glass opens too, not just the whole thing.

Great 4x4
By beecuzz

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well I have had quite a few vehicles in my time 56 to be exact --- most of them Chrysler products and my current aquisition is a great one. Comfort, power, room ---- what else can some one ask for?

Favorite Features

The Hemi ---- Infinity sound system ---- AWD

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the deep molten red color or the likes of that or Plum Crazy!!!

Love my Durango
By Reesie

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Durango has EVERY available option, and I absolutely love this car, it's a good family car without looking like a family car. The HEMI does use a lot of gas and the gas mileage could be better but I think it's worth the little extra it costs to get the powerful engine.

Favorite Features

Navigation Sys, DVD, Sunroof, HEMI

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Durango Review
By Theresa

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Even with the low gas mileage I have been very happy with my Durango. Not only is it a comfortable ride, it is also very capable in bad weather. The interior has a lot of room for extra passengers and with the 3rd row of seats folded down there is a lot of cargo space. Going on vacation with 2 adults and 2 children we had plenty of room for everything we packed along with a couple coolers. When extra space is needed to haul bigger items, the 2nd row also folds down. With both the 2nd and 3rd rows folded down we have even slept in the back when weather got bad while camping. Would highly recommend the Durango.

Favorite Features

Hemi engine and optional DVD player. For long drives with children the DVD player is a great addition, well worth the little extra it costs. The heated seats are another great extra on cold mornings.

Suggested Improvements

I've had the Durango for about a year now and I can't think of any improvements it needs.

This car stinks
By Paula Dambroff

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lousy gas mileage, large blind spots, dash board panel is not thought out well, things are just stuck haphazardly around and the back seat is too small. Why did I get this car? I have no idea.... I want my Pathfinder back!

Favorite Features

Sound of the stereo system, comfort of the driver's seat, lumbar support and storage capacity