2005 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Top Of The Heap... For The Moment
By mitch on 03/15/05 17:41 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've found the new Durango to be a very pleasant riding vehicle (for an SUV), and it handles quite well despite its size. The design and construction being all new from the ground up since 2004 was one of the primary reasons I bought it. In a Road & Track review of the top SUV's (including the Armada and Pathfinder), Road & Track named the Durango number 1. The performance is rather impressive for a vehicle weighing in at 6000 pounds. I opted for the Hemi, and the motor has a great sound to it - not overly loud, but enough to let you know you have some beef under the hood. The fit and finish are pretty good and the layout of the controls, seating, and general space.

Hemi Durango
By RH PELTON on 03/12/05 15:36 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have over 10,500 miles on my Hemi Durango. I average in the city 16+ MPG and on the highway a wopping 22.5+ average at 70mph cruse control on. Well built, very comfortable and no/low maintence. I use Moble-1 oil --10-40 (Florida driving) get the best performance and fun for SUV driving

Mom's taxi
By m. bouchard on 03/06/05 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really do enjoy driving the Durango. A couple of things that might have deterred me knowing what I know now- The cloth seats are easily snagged-must invest in seat covers or they will be shot! Secondly- It has proven to be very car seat unfriendly. Safest position is in the middle of the back seat, and this becomes a real problem with seatbelts, proper installment of the carseat, and anyone else who may be in the back as well, needing a seatbelt that can't be latched. Also, for the Durango with no 3rd row seating, there should be an option to move the 2nd row back further. No room for ANYONE to sit in back seats Including 3yr old in carseat! Totally out for an infant! Sleek appearance

2005 dodge durango
By ken reyburn on 02/28/05 01:16 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good design. Lots of power .Fun to drive. Mileage not so good, but about as expected. More maneuverable than earlier Durango, even though it is larger.

Love my 05 Hemi Limited
By airbearma on 02/23/05 18:54 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought an 05 Limited with Hemi, GPS, Moonroof, Sirius, U-Connect, traction control, bun warmers, skid plate, mopar tubular stepups, and towing. I absolutely love it so far. Getting 16+ mpg so far. This is the quietest, smoothest, most comfortable SUV I've ever owned. The serious grunt of the Hemi is like the cherry on the top of everything.

My Durango
By dg on 02/19/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is an awesome vehicle with the capacity to haul. I use mine for work, family vacations and hauling to horse shows.

Great improvement
By Ralph Baker on 02/17/05 07:55 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent improvement over previous Durango. I traded a 2003 R/T and there is no comparison. Smooth ride, good seat comfort, great power, great handling, has every feature I could want on a vehicle. Poor MPG, but this was expected and it's no worse than comparable vehicles. The Hemi is worth the price. Still haven't warmed up to the front end styling, but the comfort and features overshadow any negatives. The back seat (second row) should be roomier for this size vehicle. Great vehicle overall.

Lovin' my Durango
By Roff on 02/17/05 05:27 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

So far? This Dodge is great. I have had fun, feel safe and can only complain that the radio on/off switch is too easy to turn off with my hand on accident. Great truck!

The New Durango
By Scott Ryan on 02/15/05 17:59 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very impressive handling, combined with smooth acceleration, decent gas mileage, and a bold new style makes this SUV stand out from the rest. A nice and roomy interior makes this vehicle great for families or for individuals who simply need the room. Plenty of additional options lets you customize your Durango from the ground up.

Great Value
By adam on 02/15/05 16:01 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd SUV I have owned and I like far better than the other two(1996 Explorer and 2001 Pathfinder).The ride is similar to that of a luxury car in terms of comfort and noise. The 3rd row of seats is actually easy to use and big enough for two adults. Overall I think it's a great vehicle.