Used 2005 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Fun to Drive
By irishprincess

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our Durango about two months ago. The satelite radio is a favorite feature for our family because when you travel, you do not lose your channel. The middle row has plenty of room to seat adults, however the 3rd row seat is recommended for kids. The cargo space is adequate, but you would have to use the luggage rack if taking alot with you on a trip. We opted to get a DVD system on our own because it is less expensive than the dealerships price. The gas mileage is not great, we average 13.5 MPG. The guage in the upper console tells you your average gas mileage, which is a nice feature. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. We love ours.

Favorite Features

Sunroof and satellite radio are the favorites with the kids (ok, for us too!!) The console has plenty of space for storing your DVD's, CD's and anything else you need within close reach. There are plenty of cup holders throughout and a cargo net that keeps everything from falling out of the back.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the small third row seat. It is comfortable for a child, but an adult would not be comfortable for more than a quick trip. This is not really a concern for us since only our kids sit back there.

I'm Glad I Got Rid of my Ford
By Bry

2005 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Durango! The old body style was ugly but, this one is totally hot. I'm the youngest person I've ever seen driving one. I have a powerful V8, I don't think a V6 would be enough power for so much SUV. We love it.

Favorite Features

I love the power and the get up and go. It's huge!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage and a sunroof.

This Durango really surprises me!
By Tim in NY

2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

All I can say is Wow! What a smooth, plush vehicle with an unbelievable amount of features. The Hemi is just awesome and moves the vehicle effortlessly. The 2nd and 3rd row seats are actually comfortable and easily accessible, and the DVD with the wireless headsets is a blessing for the kids as well as the parents! The Durango Limited has to be one of the best kept secrets in this segment. I'm guessing the mediocre gas mileage is what kills the resale value.

Favorite Features

The Hemi! High quality leather interior with excellent comfort and room. The sound system is fantastic, especially with the satellite. We never thought we'd use it, but we sure do. The fold and tumble middle row seats make it a snap to get in the back. It feels very solid and handles great.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system is complex to learn and use, but I think most of them are. We would also like the front passenger seat to have 8-way power adjust instead of just 4. Perhaps better fuel economy as long as performance didn't suffer would be appreciated. Front styling is a bit odd.

Great!
By Angel

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove this to a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I previously owned a Grand Cherokee older model and loved it. When I got in the Durango there was no going back. I have never driven a vehicle that drives so smooth with such comfort. We took it on a trip about 1450-1500 miles round trip we paid just under $220 gas round trip. Less than expected! The only thing I regret about our purchase is that we didnt go for the glory and get the loaded version, hemi, navigation, dvd, but when we trade it in I can't see myself buying anything else. Test drive this before purchasing any other SUV! Im glad I did!

NH Durango
By peter

2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my Durango in May 2005. This is the first Dodge product I have ever owned I sold and drove Ford products for ten years and never would dream of owning a Dodge product. Well I can honestly say I'm sold on this product. The vehicle is so much nicer than any Explorer or Expedition I have owned or driven. Fit and finish are very good and it is quieter than my wifes '06 Honda Accord. It is the perfect size and goes down the highway like a Caddy. I have 6000 miles on it only maintanence is oil changes and tire rotations. No rattles or squeaks feels like it is molded from a piece of granite. Only regret is the 4.7 it has decent power but i wish I had a Hemi. Hats off to Dodge, great SUV

Favorite Features

Ride quality,looks,fit and finish very quiet good road manners for suv handles like a sports car. Size and infinity audio system is awesome

Suggested Improvements

Rear legroom. Larger wheel and tire options. Xenon headlight option