2005 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
GET ALL THE OPTIONS INCLUDING THE HEMI
By DAYCAREMOM24 on 04/27/05 10:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We're previous Durango owners but the '05 Limited Hemi is a complete turnaround from the '03 we owned. It's comfortable, it's roomy, the DVD is a must have. The Navigation is awesome, the Sirius Satelite is great, and Dodge even pays for the 1st year! The Hemi is AWD. We have all of the options and don't regret it one bit. It rides smooth, handles great, looks sharp and WE LOVE IT! The gas mileage is ok being a previous V-8 owner. THe Hemi definetly adds a little more pizazz to the enitre package. It's fast and responsive on an open highway! We love it!! There are many more options, too many to name but all in all... WE HAVE THEM ALL!!! AND WE LOVE IT!!

Great SUV
By vic on 04/19/05 13:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV rides better then any luxury car I've ever driven. I have the Hemi and it does not disappoint. This is a whole different SUV from the old style Durango. We love it.

Hemi Power
By HemiDurango on 04/18/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After test driving many vehicles at many different price points, the Durango was the one. My local dealer, Naples Dodge, was great to deal with and the incentives were hard to pass up as well. My wife and I considered a mini-van, but in the end decided to go the SUV route. The Durango was a big part of our decision and we feel it actually drives better than SUV's costing much more. The Durango is the perfect size for what we wanted and has an incredible combination of power, braking, good turning radius, super quiet interior, very smooth ride, good feature content and reasonable price. Our Durango has almost every option and the navigation system really takes the Durango up a notch.

I love this truck
By mike on 04/13/05 23:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy my new Durango. This truck rides smoothly. It has horsepower and I enjoy my Infinty sound system, DVD, CD changer, and also my third row. My children say "we look down on people in the cars we are big." I'm very proud of Chrysler/Dodge. They finally stepped up and made a large SUV. Keep up the good work.

Luv My Durango
By Tina on 04/13/05 22:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My husband & I think our Durango is GREAT! I had my fill of the minivan, after having 3 of them! They served us well but it was time to move on! We had driven other SUV's and nothing compared to the ride we get from our Durango! It handles great, looks great and is fun to drive! On the negative side, it is a gas hog, especially with gas price high as it is now, but I think it is work it!

I'm in love with my Durango
By grooviecita on 04/08/05 16:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I fell in love with this SUV, the way it moves (I'M NOW A HEMI FAN) It has POWER! Its doesn't drag.I am a realtor so I drive this vehicle a lot of miles. The V8 engine was not a good choice for gas purposes but the fact that when I want to move out of the way of slow people, the power of this vehicle is amazing!

Goodbye Expedition
By David Horvath on 04/02/05 10:31 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We need a large SUV with the kids and all . We purcased a Ford Expedition in late 2003 and it was the worst quality vehicle we have ever owned. After being in the shop more than home we traded the beast for a Dodge Durango. I must say the quality is perfect. The Dodge performs well and is a joy to drive. Living in New England it's all about handling in snow and adverse weather conditions and it's a true winner. On a recent long trip my kids didn't complain about comfort and truly enjoyed the superior DVD system (Ford's didnt work most of the time). If you're looking for an SUV don't buy until you check out the Durango!

Great Value
By Ced on 03/24/05 22:22 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great ride and handling for a large truck , I got the 4.7 not HEMI. Lots of room for your stuff. Love the stereo sound and DVD player.

Love it!
By BJP on 03/19/05 08:59 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We just switched over to the new Durango from a small convertible. I expected a lot of difficulty getting used to the much larger SUV, but instead I've found it handles like a smaller car and just happens to have all the leg/head room my 6"7' husband needs to ride comfortably. The acceleration is incredible. I never would've thought such a large vehicle could move so well. We got a base model with only a couple minor upgrades, but I still feel like I'm riding in class. The 6 CD changer is a great standard feature. The best part was the $8000 in rebates that made the price easier on the checkbook. When the lease is up I will definitely upgrade to the next model. I'm hooked!

05 Durango
By vanessa on 03/18/05 20:30 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ii have to say im quiet impressed considering how picky I am when it comes to a vehicle.I was pretty amazed at how easy it was for me to conform from a smaller SUV to a larger one. The handling is great and I feel very safe towing my family around in this vehicle. I also love the fact that the ride is very smooth compared to many other SUVs where its very bumpy. Overall I'm happy with the purchase