2005 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Awesome vehicle
By Barry Dufoe on 05/27/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle to drive, with plenty of room. The Hemi runs spectacular, and mileage is better than the Trailblazer inline 6. I highly recommend it. Great body fit and finish. Perfect paint(silver). it's the #1 SUV in looks/ interior. Chrysler guages are easy on your eyes. it has the most comfortable seats, and the front window is shaped so the sun is not in your eyes. Well done Dodge

Way to go Dodge
By dave on 05/27/05 12:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Dodge really outdid themselves. I had the old Durango, which I loved. This one is far superior in ride, comfort, style, etc. They really made it comfortable with all the new amenities.

The best car I've ever owned.
By VegasDave on 05/24/05 17:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my '02 Dodge Durango SLT Plus with 70,000 miles for an '05 Limited AWD w/HEMI. WOW. I didn't think there would be such a difference between the two vehicles. The only downside is the gas mileage, but, the 5.7L HEMI is getting almost 1 mpg more than the 4.7L that was in my '02. It seems, strange as it may sound, that the truck is getting used to my driving style. When I first got it, it didn't respond to my pressure on the gas pedal as well as I thought it should. But now, all accelleration is as perfect as it could be, i.e. accellerating onto highway ramps, from a stop light, etc. The Limited has every option, minus the navigation system. I'll get an add-on later

Improvement
By BMustang on 05/22/05 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 2005 Durango is much improved. I owned a fully loaded 1999 Durango and I was very disatisfied with all aspects of the vehicle--If I didn't purchase the extended warranty, I would have spent over $7000 in repairs. Apparently Dodge recognized the earlier Durango's design/performance/reliabilty problems and successfully redesigned the Durango to meet customer satisfaction. The 2005 Durango, with HEMI, is a steal. The ride, comfort, performance, and handeling are unmatched for the price.

The best SUV ever
By msnmacky on 05/21/05 09:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle i've ever owned. The only problem is the fuel tank needed to be replaced and they said this is starting to be a common thing with the new model so if you have one or are getting one get it checked out. Also, when you lay the back seat down it does not go flush with the floor. Other than that it drives great and has so much room you could get lost. Its very easy to drive for being so big and the gas is very good for such a big vehicle, especially for a 4wd. I've always been a ford girl but I think my taste has changed. This SUV is amazing and it will be hard to ever get me into anything else.

I love my Durango
By Sondra on 05/19/05 17:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Durango. For some reason, this one far outperforms my previous one. It is comfortable, reliable, quiet, fast. Even the mpg is not too bad - 16-18 city. There is not one thing I dislike about this vehicle except that I did not order steering wheel radio controls. Best vehicle I have owned.

Quick, Big & Fun
By Chris J on 05/19/05 01:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great SUV to drive, has a tight turning radius and a very comfortable ride. The power of the HEMI is amazing (HEMI was not an option for this rating) and the acceleration gets you going. The DVD Player would do better with a few controls mounted lower like the AV ports and a parental lock on the player. The wireless headphones are so-so. The fold down seating is not flat and could use some work. So far we really like itÂ…except the 13.5 MPG in the city.

Yes, it has a HEMI!
By Rnortona2 on 05/15/05 07:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Durango. It gets much better fuel economy than my previous SUVs (a Tahoe and an older model Durango) The ride is great and the stereo system is awesome! You also have great acceleration and the engine even sounds cool. Everytime someone drives it they go on and on about how much they like it. I have the DVD system with headphones also and that works great!

Du-Rang-O
By Chris Marken on 05/09/05 16:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've gone though several cars & I haven't been excited about buying a new car in about 10 years. I went with the "cheapie" model (SXT - no leather, no Hemi, no DVD player). I can't believe how nice this "cheap" model is. If you don't need the 3rd row seat, leather or DVD this is the way to go.

First SUV
By Philip on 05/02/05 20:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV but my fifteenth or so vehicle. I bought the absolute lowest end stripper model (only a trailer hitch added) and it is still quiet and well equipped. I wanted to be able to tow things and have towed a 1500 lb boat but just this weekend towed my son's Toyota (no, they don't run forever, either) 550 miles. It was very easy! with the 3.7 six, too. Mileage without Toyota: 22.3 MPG; with Toyota behind, 16.3 MPG. Lots of nice features for a trailer tower, too: a carpeted drawer in the back for hitches, balls and tools. Durango really is a bargain! and my wife loves to drive it, too.