2005 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
My 2005 Dodge Durango
By GP on 12/10/09 07:15 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got a great deal on this vehicle from the dealership. Within the first few months, I had to have the gas tank replaced. However, this was a recall item and the dealership was very helpful and courteous in getting it replaced. Other than that, it's been a joy to own. It rides just as good, if not better, than a Honda or Toyota. Fuel efficiency is decent in the city for a vehicle this size - about 17mpg city. On the highway, I know I'm getting at least 22 mpg which is very decent for a vehicle of this size. This is definitely the best vehicle I've ever owned!

Not for a family with small children!
By Triplet Mama Plus 2 on 05/08/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well first off the gas mileage is a joke, do not buy if you have any sort of commute to work or you'll be averaging $70 every 4 days on gas, crazy! Second, I have 5 kids (6, 2, and 18 month old triplets) and getting them in and out of this vehicle is awful, such a pain. I can't even go anywhere because no stroller but an umbrella stroller would fit. The interior is falling apart without even harsh use. All in all if we didn't have but a couple kids and worked 5 minutes away then it would be manageable but we are getting rid of this Durango ASAP!