2005 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
0 - 220,000 in 8 years
By supershel777 on 11/23/13 17:01 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle! We have put 220,000 miles on this SUV and been back and forth across this country many times. It has performed flawlessly. We have done Nothing to the engine other than the exhaust manifold came loose from the engine. Great comfort and realiability! Lots of space for cargo. We are a traveling band and hauling sound equipment all over was hard on this truck but she just kept going and going and is still going!

Poor choice of an SUV
By N Wilkey on 08/08/09 07:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this on a whim from a dealer that I had dealt with before. It was the biggest mistake I have ever made. I had a Kia before and would give anything to have it back. I can not trade because the value is so bad. The plastic on the seat belts keeps braking. You would think Dodge would give a box of the covers with each sale.

Satisfied
By Dodger on 05/20/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Durango for 18 months with no problems. I also own a grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7 2006. Both are excellent vehicles but if you are going on a long trip the Durango is the way to travel. People always comment on the mileage but I have yet to see a vehicle with the toughness and comfort and good looks these have that get good mileage. If you want safety and Peace of mind in a vehicle I suggest an SUV. Try putting 5 people and their luggage in a econobox, and see how you feel after a day of driving.

Nice Family car.
By Mike on 03/26/08 13:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Engine and power train are excellent. 4.7 liter delivers good power. Average 16.5 MPG in mixed driving. Not great but delivers what is advertised. Overall ride is very good. Nice sturdy feel. Very smooth on flat roads very truck like on bumpy roads. Very nice family vehicle. Seats 7. Plenty of room for storage with 3rd row seats folded down. Overall this has been a great purchase.

Bad Decision
By Steve in Omaha on 03/07/08 11:55 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because it was my best bang for the buck and it was safe for all the kids. It was and it is. The truck has really disappointed though. Cheaply built, I have rust already, chrome door handles are falling apart. Strange dash lights go and off. Cruise control works, then doesn't. And don't do like I did and get one without traction control. This thing fishtails in snow like a 68 Camaro (whether in AWD or 4WD). On top of all that, the resale value seems to be tied to some sort of very heavy financial based anchor. I like the Hemi and it always starts, so there's the positive. I should have spent 8k more and purchased a GM product.

'05 Dingo
By Bdubb on 07/18/07 00:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned for nearly 2 years overall never any major problems. The closest thing to any problem was the CD- changer speed slowed down but has been repaired. Overall still impressed that the Hemi in city still averages 19.2 - 20.6 mpg with no mods going 35-45mph stop n' go. Seamlessly tows, smooth ride, nice acceleration a nice vehicle for family and people that like to tow their wheeled toys around.

My Durango
By jack on 04/10/07 10:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Durango and my wife says it's the only kind of vehicle that I'm ever allowed to purchase her. Be warned though, gas mileage stinks!

I'm Glad I Got Rid of my Ford
By Bry on 01/30/06 22:07 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Durango! The old body style was ugly but, this one is totally hot. I'm the youngest person I've ever seen driving one. I have a powerful V8, I don't think a V6 would be enough power for so much SUV. We love it.

Great SUV
By Oliver on 12/25/05 20:18 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We went from a Mid Size SUV to yhr Durango and it was the best choice ever. It's fun to drive, the interior is well designed and it's very reliable. Fuel mileage is what you can expect from a V8. It was a great buy, seating for 8 easily, comfortable and a very smooth ride. Love It.

My Durango is the greatest!
By Tina D. on 07/31/05 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Durango Adventurer! It is stylish with its 2 tone bumpers and trim and it rides great. I am a mom who came from driving minivans and this was the greatest switch. I love it! No complaints, except maybe the gas mileage!