Used 2005 Dodge Durango SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

My 2005 Dodge Durango
By GP

2005 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got a great deal on this vehicle from the dealership. Within the first few months, I had to have the gas tank replaced. However, this was a recall item and the dealership was very helpful and courteous in getting it replaced. Other than that, it's been a joy to own. It rides just as good, if not better, than a Honda or Toyota. Fuel efficiency is decent in the city for a vehicle this size - about 17mpg city. On the highway, I know I'm getting at least 22 mpg which is very decent for a vehicle of this size. This is definitely the best vehicle I've ever owned!

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, bold and very good looking vehicle. The utility and practicality of an SUV with the freight-liner good looks of a Dodge Truck!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe have the third seat standard on all models? Other than that, nothing else I can think of. I love the vehicle!

Not for a family with small children!
By Triplet Mama Plus 2

2005 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well first off the gas mileage is a joke, do not buy if you have any sort of commute to work or you'll be averaging $70 every 4 days on gas, crazy! Second, I have 5 kids (6, 2, and 18 month old triplets) and getting them in and out of this vehicle is awful, such a pain. I can't even go anywhere because no stroller but an umbrella stroller would fit. The interior is falling apart without even harsh use. All in all if we didn't have but a couple kids and worked 5 minutes away then it would be manageable but we are getting rid of this Durango ASAP!

Favorite Features

Tall ride, get up, and smooth steering. Pretty good sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Everything else.