2005 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Great family & work vehicle!
By jdhand32 on 07/07/11 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle for road trips with family, fun around town, or as an everyday driver. I use it for work and average around 1k miles a week. The selling points on the Durango are ride quality and interior features. It has a super smooth ride with great handling for a vehicle it's size. It also has several nice bells and whistles that Dodge puts into it's higher end vehicles (ipod connection, bluetooth, sat radio, etc.). The downsides are also there though. Poor gas mileage, minimal second row leg room, and a little more road noise than some prefer. It also has great cargo room and a great sound system.

Godzilla
By Gary on 08/26/09 09:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have toed the line on fuel economy, the ecology, and so forth. After a bout with cancer and three minor strokes I decided to once in my automotive life to live; so I bought Godzilla. I went from a 1995 Subaru Outback with a 2.2L H4 engine that got 30 miles to the gallon to Godzilla which averages half that in town and I have gotten 24.5 mpg on the highway; with the A/C on. Yes, it is a brute, it is not lady friendly, but it rides smooth, has pick up, a tight turning radius and goodies galore. I love this truck and...yes it has a HEMI!!!!

From Chevy to Dodge ... Yes it's a HEMI
By FG on 05/22/09 20:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

With the 5.7 HEMI you will have plenty of power.We get an average of 16-18 MPG city and 19-22mpg highway (cruising). This is one of the safest cars feeling cars I've driven in a long time.Still feel that this was a very smart purchase.

Cracking
By Sameia on 03/16/08 05:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is nice but the seat interior is terrible it cracks all up around the seat and seat belt. The bumper seem to be loose and and if in an accident it seem like It'll crack right up!?! There needs to be a recall on the seats. I also have the ABS light on which has been explained to me as a recall?

Very Pleased
By Anderson on 02/05/07 20:10 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is as advertised on the sticker, fuel mileage has been better than expected. I have two complaints after almost 30,000 miles. It needs at least two more inches of driver seat hip room and back up sensors.The Hemi is great, very responsive.

2005 Durango
By Beauchamp on 01/24/07 09:07 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent for long days on the road. Very comfortable. My next vehicle will be the same

Wow
By wow on 08/29/06 14:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great auto, lots of power. Gas mileage is poor. Inside lots of cheap plastic. Rebuild the inside with premimum products,don't go cheap. Move the fuse box. My foot knocks off the fuse box door, that is a pain. The seat belt needs to be longer. I am a big guy. Change the instrument light to a more fun color have fun with inside lighting. It's a dream to drive, just need to upgrade the inside to have a real winner.

Love my Durango
By Reesie on 12/19/05 16:08 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Durango has EVERY available option, and I absolutely love this car, it's a good family car without looking like a family car. The HEMI does use a lot of gas and the gas mileage could be better but I think it's worth the little extra it costs to get the powerful engine.

Dodge DUrango lover
By Sue on 12/01/05 15:43 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my Durango, It's hemi makes it feel like a sporty vehicle gas mileage is bad..... 14 mpg per highway. Tows like a champ. Overall a great vehicle without the SUV feel.

Worth the money
By thabear on 08/20/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is full of comfort and style. It is far more luxurious than the 1999 Durango I traded for it. It also gets fair gas mileage for an SUV. So far mine has gotten about 16.5 miles to the gallon. The Hemi engine will fly, so you will need to pay close attention to your speed when you get on the open road. I opted for the DVD which, if you have children is a great choice. I also got a year of Sirius. The leather seats are very comfortable for short or long trips. I would definitely recommend this vehicle, as I have been very happy with mine.