2005 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
210,000 miles in 5 years
By november128 on 11/25/13 07:44 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought an '05 Dodge Durango ST with 45k on it in June 07 for ~$19k. In that time I've put on over 165,000 miles. I have had to replace all 4 tires twice, battery, headlights, alternator, gas tank (factory recall covered by Dodge), spark plugs, & air compressor. What finally did me in was losing the transmission about 2 weeks ago. Fixing it would run about $1500 and even then its no guarantee how much more the car has in it. The gas mileage is miserable but this car held on through the rough & tumble college years where it was routinely loaded down with people & stuff for long haul drives (1k+ miles). Nothing fancy but sturdy. I am sad to see it go and not sure what I'll replace it with.

Please don't buy a durango.
By bkredr@comcast.net on 10/23/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Its a 2005 with 55k miles on it and its going back to the dealership or the 11th time! Now I have collant in the oil so I'm sure its going to be a major deal. Its already had cooling problems, stearing problems, stalling issues, and on and on. There is a reason the trade in value is 8500 for a 4 year old car with 55K. Please go to the link below before you buy a dodge or jeep. I realy hate that this is what dodge and jeep have become, I was a die hard jeep guy for the last 20 years but not any more.

Fun to drive! I love it.
By dee dee on 12/27/08 13:53 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I first test drove my car it was a match made in heaven. I loved it. It was smooth to drive. The steering is easy on my wrist. The whole big body was a plus. Also the DVD player

Happy Dodge Owner
By Happy Dodge Owner on 06/03/05 20:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have generally owned Fords. After the normal ups and downs of life, I decided to reward myself with a new vehicle. I had been researching for a year and half, looking at Explorers and Escapes, etc. I decided to take a visit to look at Dodge trucks since I have always liked the way they looked. I probably wouldn't have given the Durango a thought, but I really liked the redesigned look over the earlier versions. It is fun to drive and it gives me the leg room that I need. I settled for the standard model, because I prefered the color they had in stock! My only wish is that I had purchased the SLT with the 3rd row seat, running boards, steel rims, and moon roof! Otherwise, it is a joy!

First SUV
By Philip on 05/02/05 20:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV but my fifteenth or so vehicle. I bought the absolute lowest end stripper model (only a trailer hitch added) and it is still quiet and well equipped. I wanted to be able to tow things and have towed a 1500 lb boat but just this weekend towed my son's Toyota (no, they don't run forever, either) 550 miles. It was very easy! with the 3.7 six, too. Mileage without Toyota: 22.3 MPG; with Toyota behind, 16.3 MPG. Lots of nice features for a trailer tower, too: a carpeted drawer in the back for hitches, balls and tools. Durango really is a bargain! and my wife loves to drive it, too.

Mom's taxi
By m. bouchard on 03/06/05 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really do enjoy driving the Durango. A couple of things that might have deterred me knowing what I know now- The cloth seats are easily snagged-must invest in seat covers or they will be shot! Secondly- It has proven to be very car seat unfriendly. Safest position is in the middle of the back seat, and this becomes a real problem with seatbelts, proper installment of the carseat, and anyone else who may be in the back as well, needing a seatbelt that can't be latched. Also, for the Durango with no 3rd row seating, there should be an option to move the 2nd row back further. No room for ANYONE to sit in back seats Including 3yr old in carseat! Totally out for an infant! Sleek appearance