Best vehicle I've ever owned
By cglietz on
2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I own an SLT 5.7L HEMI V8 4X4. Absolutely LOVE IT!! I bought mine in 2008 with 76,000 miles on it. It looked and ran like brand new. In my 5 years of ownership all I've had to replace is routine stuff. Battery, tires, brakes, serpentine belt, trans pan gasket at 110,000 due to small leak ($75). I have 151,000 miles on it and it runs the same as the day I purchased it. Only complaints: CD player stopped working and rust on rear tailgate by handle. I pull a large boat every summer with it also. I had a severe 50mph accident couple years ago in snow which smashed the entire passenger side. Not a scratch on me and drove the vehicle to repair shop. Extremely safe and reliable vehicle!!!
Favorite Features
HEMI!!! Very powerful and fast. Surprised a couple Mustangs and Camaros (LOL). Pulls my large boat like its not even there. While everyone else I know hates snow, I could care less if we get 2 feet. Truck sits extremely high and the 4X4 goes through snow like its raining out. Roomy driver and passenger areas. We have a family of 7!!
Suggested Improvements
Better stereo (CD player stopped working). Rear tailgate rusted around handle. This seems to be common on this vehicle. Other than that, truck is great!!