2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Recommend Buying

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Recommend Buying
By Will on

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 Durango, which I was very pleased with, after test driving the 2004. Dodge has dramatically improved the ride quality, handling and braking. Although it may appear insignificant to some, entry into the third row seat is much easier. On my first camping trip, fully loaded with gear and 4 passengers, I averaged over 20 miles per gallon at a steady 74mph. Not bad for a vehicle of this size. City mileage is consistent with EPA estimates. Since it's new, it's hard to gauge reliablity. I rated it high as I did not stick a cent into the 2000 vehicle that was worked hard.

Acceleration, load capacity, towing capacity, comfortable front row seats. Driving position, ride, easy third row seat access. 4 by 8 foot sheets fit in the vehicle. It has a great price in a crowded field.

Bigger glove compartment; engine growl with the Hemi suggests a restricted exhaust system. Dodge should install a different resonnator.