2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Recommend Buying
By Will on 07/09/05 06:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 Durango, which I was very pleased with, after test driving the 2004. Dodge has dramatically improved the ride quality, handling and braking. Although it may appear insignificant to some, entry into the third row seat is much easier. On my first camping trip, fully loaded with gear and 4 passengers, I averaged over 20 miles per gallon at a steady 74mph. Not bad for a vehicle of this size. City mileage is consistent with EPA estimates. Since it's new, it's hard to gauge reliablity. I rated it high as I did not stick a cent into the 2000 vehicle that was worked hard.

Great for our family
By Amy on 06/15/05 13:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got a loaded SLT with 4WD, Hemi, sunroof, leather, DVD entertainment system. We have three kids so the Durango gives us lots of room with the 3rd row.

Durango
By Joe on 06/11/05 21:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nice styling, comfortable seating. Large, with a good turning radius. V8, 239 cid has good power with 235 horsepower and a strong and smooth shifter. Nice metallic color offerred by Dodge. Caddys watch out, the Hemi's getting bigger every year. Quality craftsmanship with a long dealer warranty. These SUV's will be the best overall, if not already, soon.

Did you expect 25 mpg???
By M.Nicley on 04/07/05 21:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wonderful vehicle with more than enough power (Is that possible?), room, and comfort. I hear and read a lot of complaints about mpg. When you bought a 335 hp V8 with the word HEMI, did you expect 25 mpg? I average between 12 to 14 with most of my driving in urban areas. The vehicle is smooth riding, and rides much nicer than any Chevy I've owned in the past. For its size moving around in tight spaces is easy, thanks to the sharp turning radius. Would recommend getting the back up sensors do to poor rear visibility. If you're looking for something bigger than an Explorer or Trailblazer, but smaller than the Expedition and Tahoe...This is your vehicle!

Disappointed
By AndreaH on 03/31/05 15:37 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been disappointed with my 2004 Durango which I bought after an excellent experience with a 2000 Durango, which I traded in. Although the passenger comfort is much better the model seems to have big problems. I needed a front differential replaced at 7000 miles and just had the battery cable recall work done, as the car was intermittently not starting. Shame that the utterly reliable old Durango has lost so much quality in being "upgraded". I'm trying to get the dealer to buy it back from me and give me my old 2000 back!

Best SUV
By knorfolk on 03/22/05 22:23 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has got some serious power it outranks any SUV on the road not to mention how cool it looks and how comfortable it is. If you want an SUV the Durango is the only way to go.

Finally a quality Durango
By Sg on 02/08/05 14:45 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had a several different SUVs over the years and 2 older model Durangos. They always rode rough and felt and looked low quality. Now this Durango rides awesome, noise level is great, and feels sturdy and tight in the corners. I love it.

Love my Durango
By L Parker on 01/06/05 05:45 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Handles very well, 22 mpg hwy Hemi with 3:55 Rear Axle, 16mpg in town. Tows my 6000 Boat with no effort, the Tow Mode is great. Just towed back from VA a 6X12 Uhaul about 3500 lbs 16 MPG and no effort. Just a great vehicle, too bad most Dodge Dealers are so in the 80's. I think they pass out 5 star ratings to anyone.

BEST OF THE BUNCH
By JOHNT on 12/31/04 15:32 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I HAVE OWNED A TAHOE, 2 EXPEDITIONS AND A JEEP. THIS HEMI DURANGO IS THE BEST SUV I HAVE OWNED BY FAR. LOT OF POWER GREAT HANDLING QUIET RIDE.. VERY NICE

I Like It!!!
By scotty on 12/23/04 00:14 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had issues with the running boards being faded at delivery and exhaust made a bad vibration. Both were listed as issues and the dealer ordered parts and corrected to my satisfaction immediately. Other than that, the Hemi has enough power and the styling along with a wonderful sound system make the vehicle a joy to drive.