Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 262 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

great suv
By loneeagle

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great suv!!! Really worth your money. Fun to drive especially on the highway, acceleration is awesome

My favorite features are the infinity audio system, power driver seat,and the fold down rear seats

Add legroom in the back, add a fold out rear window, and increase size of third row seats

Solid and dependable!
By DDavis

2004 Dodge Durango ST 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my Jeep Wrangler for this Black beauty and was very happy I did! The Durango is solid, dependable, comfortable, and quiet. For such a spacious vehicle, everything is accessible and convenient. The ride is very smooth and the sound system is excellent making for an enjoyable experience.

Impressive styling and solid construction. Shutting the doors produces the sound only a true car lover could enjoy

More solid front and rear bumpers.

Yeah, it's got a Hemi!
By Durango Girl

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my 2004 Durango Limited, but it was love at first sight. Just a great looking SUV with tons of extras. Not sure I'll be able to afford the gas for long, but until then, it's all GO!!

I love the DVD for my 4 yr old and he loves it too, PLUS all the room.

The only thing I don't like is the headlights on dash instead of on the steering column, I just can't get used to it!

Pleasantly Surprised
By Shawn

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought The Durango With 19,000 Miles On It, Paid 17,500. We have taken it on a few long trips and have managed to get better than 25 mpg, which isn't that bad.Plenty of room for our family of 5, 3rd row seat is roomy and much easier to use than the ones on Expeditons or Tahoes. Love the interior, very quiet and the gauges are great. We were going to get a Tahoe, but drove this and felt we were getting better bang for our buck. If the price of gas is a worry, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you are looking for something w/ tons of room and a great 4 wheel drive system, I don't think you could go wrong with one of these.

4 Wheel Drive System, Exterior Styling, Feels like your are driving a much more expensive vehicle due to cabin noise and interior design.

Outward visibility is a bit troublesome, Transmission seems to confuse itself at times, power window motors are a little weak, they don't work real well in cold weather.

Overall, great Experience
By Matt B

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was raised with practicality in mind when it comes to vehicles- ignore brand loyalty, just buy the best option available. The Dodge is very reasonably priced for the vehicle you get. Make sure your dealership has great customer service ratings though- our engine made a ticking noise before warming up after 2 years. Dealership told us 'all Durangos do that. It took us threatening to tell media of problem for them to agree to look into issue again. Exhaust manifold had warped because of impurities in metal. Fixed that problem- after another service, was making rattling noise- dealership hadn't completely tightened part. The vehicles has been perfect, it's the cust service w/ problem.

6 CD Changer, hands free control, blue tooth, heated seats, DVD player, speakers, overall setup of controls.

The center console lid squeaks on bumpy roads because of rubber on plastic...had to fabricate a piece to prevent noise. Quiet cabin down a smidgen and clearly IMPROVE MILEAGE