Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Pleasantly Surprised
By Shawn

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought The Durango With 19,000 Miles On It, Paid 17,500. We have taken it on a few long trips and have managed to get better than 25 mpg, which isn't that bad.Plenty of room for our family of 5, 3rd row seat is roomy and much easier to use than the ones on Expeditons or Tahoes. Love the interior, very quiet and the gauges are great. We were going to get a Tahoe, but drove this and felt we were getting better bang for our buck. If the price of gas is a worry, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you are looking for something w/ tons of room and a great 4 wheel drive system, I don't think you could go wrong with one of these.

4 Wheel Drive System, Exterior Styling, Feels like your are driving a much more expensive vehicle due to cabin noise and interior design.

Outward visibility is a bit troublesome, Transmission seems to confuse itself at times, power window motors are a little weak, they don't work real well in cold weather.

Overall, great Experience
By Matt B

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was raised with practicality in mind when it comes to vehicles- ignore brand loyalty, just buy the best option available. The Dodge is very reasonably priced for the vehicle you get. Make sure your dealership has great customer service ratings though- our engine made a ticking noise before warming up after 2 years. Dealership told us 'all Durangos do that. It took us threatening to tell media of problem for them to agree to look into issue again. Exhaust manifold had warped because of impurities in metal. Fixed that problem- after another service, was making rattling noise- dealership hadn't completely tightened part. The vehicles has been perfect, it's the cust service w/ problem.

6 CD Changer, hands free control, blue tooth, heated seats, DVD player, speakers, overall setup of controls.

The center console lid squeaks on bumpy roads because of rubber on plastic...had to fabricate a piece to prevent noise. Quiet cabin down a smidgen and clearly IMPROVE MILEAGE

Great SUV
By durango girl

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 Durango and swore I'd never own one again, but after riding in the 2004 I changed my mind. There is plenty of room and it is a comfortable ride. I didn't get the hemi because I wanted better gas mileage. I haven't had any complaints about power and I've go 19 mpg on the highway. Mileage around town is usually 15 mpg.

Feels tough when driving, plenty of room, parts are inexpensive, minimal repairs

Better gas mileage, higher quality interior

I'll buy another one!
By flower

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

When I'm ready for another vehicle this one will go to my daughter who at that time will be getting her license. Then I'll buy another newer Durango. I've loved it since we bought it!

Heated seats, having great performance in an SUV

It would've been nice to have below- seat cargo, like some minivan models have.

King Of The Road
By RAYROC

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Runs well, although engine isn't as solid as i'd like it to be and the driver compartment is very noisy at higher speeds.

The dvd entertainment system with 2 wireless headset speakers allows the kids to watch what they want and allows me to listen to what i want on the radio while I drive.

Quieter cabin, back up sonar, and trailer kit as standard options.