Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 262 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Awesome SUV
By manolito31

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has been the best SUV I've ever driven (and I've driven Land Cruisers, Montero Sport, Montero, Murano, CR-Vs, Rav4s, Ford Explorers.) It's so quiet, pretty solid, pretty good off-road, all though I haven't been able to get more than 12 MPG in the city, I still recommend this vehicle for everyone looking for an spacious car for the family and pretty good on long trips.

6 CD Changer Stereo, 3rd. row seats.

MDS on 3.7 and 4.7 liter engines.

Excellent Choice!
By golfgti47

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought my Durango used. I am single and don't actually need this vehicle but I have since found it so useful! It tows my 6000 pound car trailer with ease, even with 3.55 gears in my Hemi. Power is great and is always available, I average about 13/18 but if I want to take it easy I can easily get 21-22 MPG on the highway. I only wish the 2nd row had more legroom but the 3rd row easily has the Tahoe beat for overall comfort and space. Overall this vehicle was an excellent buy! It looks great, drives great and has just about every feature I could want! At 101K miles it still feels like brand new! I highly Recommend this car! Dont buy any other till you atleast test drive this car!

HEMI!! Limited equiptment group. Sound system is Excellent!

2nd row legroom.

Comfortable and reliable
By Connie

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Durango I have owned and I would definitely buy another. I recently just had the first mechanical problem I've had with either. The power steering got metal shavings in it which broke the pump and had to be replaced. Because I purchased an extended warranty that covered the pump it cost me $300. I have had many cars and this is by far the most comfortable. The stereo is nice, the heated and power seats are great, and there is plenty of room for my entire family. The powerful engine is nice too, but I wish it got better gas mileage. It's not much worse then the 04 Pilot I owned, however.

Heated seats, sound system, DVD player, third row, moon roof

Gas mileage. Power steering should be able to hold up under a few cookies.

American power and steel
By Mark

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We love the power and steel that protects us and moves our wounderful Durango limited. The kids love the great sounding DVD and we love them loving it. The comfort and style are great. The sure footed feeling in all conditions make it fun to drive year round. The gas MPG are not bad at all for what you get in return. We see 21- 22 hwy at 65-70 MPH and 19.5-21 MPG at 73-78 MPH. add in town and we average about 16.5 MPG. The only real change would be adding the lift gate rear window to unlatch for loading small item. We like it better than the Tahoe/yukon. 7/8 the size and much more fun to drive.

The room, design, and that wounderful Hemi power. The DVD is nice as well. Memory seating!

Rear lift gate window entrance.

Solid Performer
By Scott D

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Primary vehicle purchased to pull a 6,000 boat. Comfortably hauls 6 people plus gear and the hemi pulls the boat well. Fun to drive. This vehicle has character and I'd buy another one.

All wheel drive, hemi power, handling, relatively good gas mileage for a v8 SUV (20 mpg on highway), DVD for kids, towing ability

More middle seat leg room, better sound insulation, narrower A-pillars