2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Ongoing problems
By joan on 06/11/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Mechanicly sound , fun to drive, but many ongoing problems. Front seat trim keeps cracking , headlights come on on sunny days , ac cuts out. Dealer keeps saying no problem found. Also the Goodyear tires are poor in rain or at highway speeds .

Hate the blind spots
By E Miller on 05/02/06 19:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an '04 new w/ Hemi and for the most part love it. Engine is great, options are great, but be warned... the blind spots are large. What is really bad are the ones created by the front pillars. Use caution when turning corners, you will not be able to see. Nothing worse than having to lean forward when you make a left hand turn just so you can see. Like it but won't buy another.

Hemisphere!
By Jonesn64 on 04/03/06 21:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wife and I love our Durango Limited in Dodge Red. Smooth ride and great power with the Hemi. With our daughter safety was important, so opted for the rear side curtain airbags. Gas mileage is better than our 96 Trooper...and with waaay more pick up. After driving it on occasional trips to the in-laws and on weekends, I'm disappointed to go back to my '03 Corolla for my commute to work! This is our first Dodge...and it won't be our last, as I am seriously looking at the '06 Charger. Have had to take it in to dealer twice for check engine light. (1) Ignition relay replaced, (2) Undiagnosed. Also, Rear Diff. was leaking..had to replace gasket.

'04 Durango
By tom on 02/13/06 16:44 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchase '04 Durango used. Performance, smoothness, power are awesome. I sometimes forget I'm driving a truck. Road noise minimal. As quiet, if not quieter than the Infiniti FX35. Gas is poor. Room is perfect for this size vehicle. Horrendous squealing problem with original brakes. Replaced with thermal brakes and sqealing is just about all gone. More options are required for this $30k plus vehicle to compete at same level as competition. Better interior is needed for base and middle trim packages.

Best of the Best
By Dean on 01/27/06 02:30 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best SUV I've ever had the pleasure of Driving! It rides as smooth as any luxury car. Has HEMI power and 4x4. Traction control with ESP and 4 wheel ABS will take this Car anywhere. I took it into a snow storm last year. 18" in 12 hrs. No chains. I could plow right on through where I saw Explorers, Suburbans, 4 Runners spining their wheels. I even pulled out a Suburban 4x4 who had chains on and was stuck up to his axles in snow. I pulled up behind him in the same depth of snow. Stuck it in reverse. And with a little Hemi power, out he came. He was amazed! And ready to trade in his Chevy. The Ford owners also watched in amazement. I love this car!

2004 Dodge
By el-rivo on 01/15/06 01:57 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent choice, fun drive with plenty of room to spare. Great entertainment center for the kids on a long travel. Smooth handling and better traction with larger tire size. After market add on turns this vehicle into an eye catcher. Competitive with other luxury SUV's at a great price. Thanks Dodge.

Ex-Suburban Owner
By Gruntly on 01/09/06 19:59 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Traded our '93 Suburban for this '04 Hemi Durango. We love this truck. Its a fight about who gets to drive. Power gallore and better mileage. 16 mpg vs 11 mpg from the Suburban. Much easier in the parking lots as well. Interior is so functional as well. Needed the extra room of the Suburban for the 5 kids and there is no-way we would have a minivan. Now they are getting older and only a couple travel with us, we don't need as much room as the Suburban. But the available seats are nice just in case.

Love that Hemi
By Buddy Rowles on 01/05/06 11:10 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My Wife was hit head on by a drunk driver in our '05 Caravan, air bags saved her life, good design by the Chrysler team. We purchased a '04 Durango and absolutely love it, the performance from the Hemi, the interior and exterior and the safe feeling my wife has based on the overall size and how high the Durango sits. We were well aware in advance we would not get the gas mileage We were getting in our last 3 Dodge caravans but we do get a lot of positive comments on the look of the Durango, waiting for spring to trade into an 06/07.

What a piece of garbage
By bhoffman on 12/11/05 19:11 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My only hope is to warn others to look closely at this vehicle before purchasing. Two weeks after I brought it home, the electrical system burned out. After that, it was recalled for a sticking throttle. Following that, it developed a water leak which eventually led to moldy carpet padding. It took my dealer nearly 6 months to track it down. The transmission has been in for repairs 7 times! It's still not right! Unfortunetly, I was unable to invoke the lemon law on this one becuase I waived my rights as I bought it as a true employee purchase (through my father).

Great Vehicle
By Carl Scott on 12/05/05 20:38 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had a dream that I was driving a silver Durango and that's what I purchased I have the 2005 SLT 2WD 5.7 liter HEMI engine. It has plenty of power but it gets thirsty for fuel but that was expected I wish I would have known Dodge was going to be offering 2years worth of free gas maybe I would have waited.I previously owned a 99 Durango slt 4x4 I traded it for the 05 because the transmission was starting to hesitate.