Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

American power and steel
By Mark

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We love the power and steel that protects us and moves our wounderful Durango limited. The kids love the great sounding DVD and we love them loving it. The comfort and style are great. The sure footed feeling in all conditions make it fun to drive year round. The gas MPG are not bad at all for what you get in return. We see 21- 22 hwy at 65-70 MPH and 19.5-21 MPG at 73-78 MPH. add in town and we average about 16.5 MPG. The only real change would be adding the lift gate rear window to unlatch for loading small item. We like it better than the Tahoe/yukon. 7/8 the size and much more fun to drive.

The room, design, and that wounderful Hemi power. The DVD is nice as well. Memory seating!

Rear lift gate window entrance.

Solid Performer
By Scott D

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Primary vehicle purchased to pull a 6,000 boat. Comfortably hauls 6 people plus gear and the hemi pulls the boat well. Fun to drive. This vehicle has character and I'd buy another one.

All wheel drive, hemi power, handling, relatively good gas mileage for a v8 SUV (20 mpg on highway), DVD for kids, towing ability

More middle seat leg room, better sound insulation, narrower A-pillars

great suv
By loneeagle

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great suv!!! Really worth your money. Fun to drive especially on the highway, acceleration is awesome

My favorite features are the infinity audio system, power driver seat,and the fold down rear seats

Add legroom in the back, add a fold out rear window, and increase size of third row seats

Solid and dependable!
By DDavis

2004 Dodge Durango ST 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my Jeep Wrangler for this Black beauty and was very happy I did! The Durango is solid, dependable, comfortable, and quiet. For such a spacious vehicle, everything is accessible and convenient. The ride is very smooth and the sound system is excellent making for an enjoyable experience.

Impressive styling and solid construction. Shutting the doors produces the sound only a true car lover could enjoy

More solid front and rear bumpers.

Yeah, it's got a Hemi!
By Durango Girl

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my 2004 Durango Limited, but it was love at first sight. Just a great looking SUV with tons of extras. Not sure I'll be able to afford the gas for long, but until then, it's all GO!!

I love the DVD for my 4 yr old and he loves it too, PLUS all the room.

The only thing I don't like is the headlights on dash instead of on the steering column, I just can't get used to it!