Used 2004 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 262 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

2004 Durango 5.7/V-8 HEMI
By Desert Raven

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We love the third row seating, the one feature we miss since we traded in our 04 Pilot on our Ridgeline. So last September we traded our Neon in on the Durango. I had gone to look at Pilots (better MPG) but the best deal I could find was the Durango. Since our purchase, we have averaged 19.0 MPG, driving all over Southern California. We take our Durango everywhere.

Third row seats, DVD Player. 6-Disc Changer (MP3), seats falling apart, to be expected for a used vehicle.

All SUVs and trucks should come with a tow package. Better MPG.

best truck
By pete

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

i wouldent want to buy any other truck but a darango it has served me well win going to buy a truck i will go look for a darango fisrt

Good SUV overall
By Tina

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our SLT new and I love it to this day! It drives like a sedan, the sound system is great, hemi is very powerful. Sometimes it seems to get confused with the gear switch but no mayor issue. I didn't have any issues with that but the hubby did. It did have one major issue with some computer panel. The engine stalled in the middle of drive a couple of times and another time it lost power and started to drive bumpy while a bunch of dashboard lights came on. Of course that happened right after the warranty ran out. Lately we've had a clicking sound in the motor (not always) that turns off after a while. I hope it's not a new trend with all the little fix it's. It's only got 50,000 miles

fun to drive. perfect positionable driver's seat even for short people. Great sound system.

reliable engine electronic panels and sensors.

I would've never thought
By Mrs. P

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the Chevy Tahoe and the GMC. I decided to step outside the box and ended up falling in love with this vehicle. I has all the luxuries for a better price.

All of the features are my best. I love this vehicle.

Rear airbags and dual a/c

Yeehaaaa
By JAT

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Yes it is hard on gas, show me a SUV full size able to tow 8500 lbs that is not. Still better than my pops 85 two door chev. Stay away from Dodge service if possible, lots of local mechanics have the computer diagnostic available. No issue as of yet, just loving it. Kids love the whole dvd thing, wife loves being high up and safe thing, I love knowing I can pass at anytime.

Difference between Hemi and smaller engines, about 3 mpg more 60% of the fun.

Put scratch resistant material on rear door panels. HUD would be nice.