Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Love my Durango
By durango mom

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Durango new with only 4 miles on it and have loved every mile I have ever driven it. I have boys who are in athletics and I carry bags of baseball gear and football gear year round to games and tournaments all over the Northwest. My Durango is spacious, seats move up and down easy, and is very easy to drive. I'm teaching my 15-year-old to drive and he loves the Durango compared to other cars he has tried to drive because of its ease in turning, ability to see well from all angles, and height off the ground. I would definitely buy another Durango.

Love the way the seats in the back fold up and down.

Been a great family workhorse
By Dan

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I have always been proud of our family-vehicle-and-workhorse-in-one. Unlike most SUV owners, we know what the "U" stands for. Aside from one problem with a transmission module in the early years, and unfortunate cheap plastic construction on ext. and int., this vehicle has been worth every dime. We haul livestock and farm materials. We vacation. We commute. We shop. We're still making payments, though, but that's ok, because we plan to own this vehicle forever. Glad to see West Virginia law enforcement has made good use of the Durango for their fleets. It's a shame that we'll never see another SUV like this again, especially since Daimler dumped the Chrysler money pit.

Right size and right power combination. Styling. Infinity stereo and 6-CD-MP3 changer. Hauling/towing capacity. AWD/4WD drive, especially in winter! Third row is perfect for mom & dad with four kids. 2nd row seat backs fold down (40-20-40-ish split)

Doesn't matter. It's been discontinued.

2004 Durango 5.7/V-8 HEMI
By Desert Raven

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We love the third row seating, the one feature we miss since we traded in our 04 Pilot on our Ridgeline. So last September we traded our Neon in on the Durango. I had gone to look at Pilots (better MPG) but the best deal I could find was the Durango. Since our purchase, we have averaged 19.0 MPG, driving all over Southern California. We take our Durango everywhere.

Third row seats, DVD Player. 6-Disc Changer (MP3), seats falling apart, to be expected for a used vehicle.

All SUVs and trucks should come with a tow package. Better MPG.

best truck
By pete

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

i wouldent want to buy any other truck but a darango it has served me well win going to buy a truck i will go look for a darango fisrt

Good SUV overall
By Tina

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our SLT new and I love it to this day! It drives like a sedan, the sound system is great, hemi is very powerful. Sometimes it seems to get confused with the gear switch but no mayor issue. I didn't have any issues with that but the hubby did. It did have one major issue with some computer panel. The engine stalled in the middle of drive a couple of times and another time it lost power and started to drive bumpy while a bunch of dashboard lights came on. Of course that happened right after the warranty ran out. Lately we've had a clicking sound in the motor (not always) that turns off after a while. I hope it's not a new trend with all the little fix it's. It's only got 50,000 miles

fun to drive. perfect positionable driver's seat even for short people. Great sound system.

reliable engine electronic panels and sensors.