Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 262 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Surprisingly Reliable! Sporty and roomy
By kristinholmes

2004 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had not ever owned an American car (and I'm 48 years old) because I thought they were not reliable.
so when we bought this one used with 37,000 miles from a dealership we also bought the biggest maintenance warranty available for $2500.00. Turned out the only repair ever needed in the last 3 years only cost about $360.
It was for a broken motor mount and some kind of a gasket on the exhaust system.
It has been very reliable and I would recommend it.
Ours now has about $80,000 on it and still going strong.

Versatile storage configuration and 7 seats. Back storage bin under floor board. tow package. Extra dc jacks

The seats could be a little softer.

By Katrina

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Durango in 2005. I now have 81,000 miles and I haven't had any major problems. I've only replaced the battery and brakes. I drive 50 miles each day and I love the smooth ride and reliability. The Infinity sound system is impressive! I can seat 7 people comfortably. The only negative thing is the poor gas mileage.

Infinity sound system and comfort.

The BEST SUV of all time!
By BEST SUV EVER!!!!!

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just broke the 100k mile mark on my truck and i can't say it enough, this has got to be the BEST SUV EVER! I have owned 2 Explorers, an Expedition, and even a 4runner(BIG mistake) Out of all of them the Durango is a far superior SUV. I have done everything with this truck over the years, from hauling the family around to towing other cars to using it as my daily commuter car. It has never, EVER let me down! That thing just won't give up! Over the past few years the only maintenance I've done was change the oil and change to a new set of tires, that's it in over 5 years that's all I have had to do. It still looks and runs like brand new! I will definitly recommend this truck!

The best has got to be the HEMI!

Get the rear window to open. Do it like the 4Runner the power down/open feature is the best thing about that rat trap!

Love my Durango
By durango mom

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Durango new with only 4 miles on it and have loved every mile I have ever driven it. I have boys who are in athletics and I carry bags of baseball gear and football gear year round to games and tournaments all over the Northwest. My Durango is spacious, seats move up and down easy, and is very easy to drive. I'm teaching my 15-year-old to drive and he loves the Durango compared to other cars he has tried to drive because of its ease in turning, ability to see well from all angles, and height off the ground. I would definitely buy another Durango.

Love the way the seats in the back fold up and down.

Been a great family workhorse
By Dan

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I have always been proud of our family-vehicle-and-workhorse-in-one. Unlike most SUV owners, we know what the "U" stands for. Aside from one problem with a transmission module in the early years, and unfortunate cheap plastic construction on ext. and int., this vehicle has been worth every dime. We haul livestock and farm materials. We vacation. We commute. We shop. We're still making payments, though, but that's ok, because we plan to own this vehicle forever. Glad to see West Virginia law enforcement has made good use of the Durango for their fleets. It's a shame that we'll never see another SUV like this again, especially since Daimler dumped the Chrysler money pit.

Right size and right power combination. Styling. Infinity stereo and 6-CD-MP3 changer. Hauling/towing capacity. AWD/4WD drive, especially in winter! Third row is perfect for mom & dad with four kids. 2nd row seat backs fold down (40-20-40-ish split)

Doesn't matter. It's been discontinued.