Used 2004 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Sweet!!
By Corman

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent ride for such a big vehicle. Driver sits up high and is very comfortable. Nice sound system. HEMI rocks!! Pulled my 3 horse trailer without any trouble. Still got 13 mpg with the horse trailer. That is not too bad!

DVD player keeps my kid quiet on the long rides. Also gives her the ability to listen to her own music. Love it!!

My 3rd Durango
By bgffl

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned a '00 SLT and a '02 SLT Plus I was anxious to try out the newly designed '04 Durango. I purchased a Deep Molten Red Limited with the 4.7 and although I just passed the 1000 mile mark, I am very happy with the ride, handling and overall performance. The interior seems like it could use a little more trim to dress it up. I really like the design and function of the dash air vents but there is an over abundance of uninterupted gray plastic.

Heated seats (the best option I've ever purchased on a vehicle) Memory seats/mirrors/pedals, new body styling, Sirius sat radio

The new body style provides more room but the front seats seem narrower than the old style. Not only do they seem narrow but they've got a very aggresive "flare" on the sides of the seat which is quite uncomfortable if your "seat" is wider than the distance between the flares.

Love it, but...
By Rose's Mom

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Durango. Love it for comfort, but it does not have enough storage for stuff you need to keep in the vehicle. Glove box is tiny. Storage hole is tiny. Only one behind seat pocket and it does not expand. In the door pockets are much smaller than older models, can barely get your hand in it much less stuff. Gas mileage is poor.

More and larger storage.

durango
By david carroll

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love it.It is a very dependable vehicle. The milage is not that bad concidering the truck your driving.

power

none

HEMI Power !!!!
By BTDurango

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had it for less then 60days and have 9,300 miles on it.I love the ride and so does my wife and three kids.My first business trip was 2800 miles and I averaged 18.3MPG.Using high test gas I can get 20+MPG on the HWY. I get 14-16 around town.The 6 Disc changer is great for long drives.I read a lot about the Durango before my purchase and they all stated that the HEMI was worth the extra money and I must agree!The split 3rd row seat is also a must, it is much larger then the bench.

Stereo System/HEMI Power,I removed the muffler completely and replaced it with just a strait pipe.leaveing the Coverter and small tail pipe.I love the sound and it runs cooler and less retrictive.I am sure the header/exhaust system is beter but for $40 it works for me

• SUV