Used 2004 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Great Durango
By Fire4825

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second high(er) end SUV I have owned, the first being a 1990 Ford Bronco (Eddie Bauer Edition). This is by far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned, it is incredibly smooth, considering the GVWR and 4WD. It is truly a joy to drive, great feel, very responsive, plenty of horsepower (and even a tight turning radius for it's size). We highly recommend this vehicle for anyone looking at SUV's.

Favorite Features

Handling/drivablility. Great Infinity 8 speaker sound system. The interior seating has a very nice layout.

dodge durango big tee
By Big Tee

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

this auto ride like glass. It has great towing power. Ride like the old big cars.

Favorite Features

power

Suggested Improvements

better gass , price

My 3rd Durango
By bgffl

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned a '00 SLT and a '02 SLT Plus I was anxious to try out the newly designed '04 Durango. I purchased a Deep Molten Red Limited with the 4.7 and although I just passed the 1000 mile mark, I am very happy with the ride, handling and overall performance. The interior seems like it could use a little more trim to dress it up. I really like the design and function of the dash air vents but there is an over abundance of uninterupted gray plastic.

Favorite Features

Heated seats (the best option I've ever purchased on a vehicle) Memory seats/mirrors/pedals, new body styling, Sirius sat radio

Suggested Improvements

The new body style provides more room but the front seats seem narrower than the old style. Not only do they seem narrow but they've got a very aggresive "flare" on the sides of the seat which is quite uncomfortable if your "seat" is wider than the distance between the flares.

Sweet!!
By Corman

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent ride for such a big vehicle. Driver sits up high and is very comfortable. Nice sound system. HEMI rocks!! Pulled my 3 horse trailer without any trouble. Still got 13 mpg with the horse trailer. That is not too bad!

Favorite Features

DVD player keeps my kid quiet on the long rides. Also gives her the ability to listen to her own music. Love it!!

Love it, but...
By Rose's Mom

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Durango. Love it for comfort, but it does not have enough storage for stuff you need to keep in the vehicle. Glove box is tiny. Storage hole is tiny. Only one behind seat pocket and it does not expand. In the door pockets are much smaller than older models, can barely get your hand in it much less stuff. Gas mileage is poor.

Suggested Improvements

More and larger storage.