2004 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
If you drive the HEMI first...
By Azulojas on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you drive the HEMI first... You will be absolutely MISERABLE with one of the smaller engines. If you want to save money, DON'T drive the HEMI! Interior is spacious and comfortable. Heated seats, DVD rear passenger entertainment system, 1 touch memory for pedal control, seat position, mirror positions, radio, and temp. control were adored by my wife. Fun to drive, good looking, TONS of features. We drove escalade, navigator, expedition, and DURANGO. Got ALL of the killer features in the Durango for about 10 to 15 THOUSAND less!! and by the way, did I tell you it has a 5.7 v8 HEMI!

04 Durango Hemi Engineering Problem
By Disalusioned on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Annoying droning sound on acceleration with new 5.71 L Hemi Durango Limited. Chrysler Engineering acknowleding problem considering other complaints but no scheduled fix available. Until fix is available I would purchase a different SUV.

STILL SMILING
By BIG DADDY P on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice solid vehicle, pleases the whole family. HEMI engine is out of this world I use to drive a 350 Nissan Z and with the HEMI power i don't miss it.

I love it so far
By joelh on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove and took home for a trial a Tahoe and Avalanche. I also spent time testing a new Expedition. Then I stopped at the Dodge dealer. The new Durango was by far the best as far as steering, braking, acceleration, and design, both in and out. I purchase the limited 2wd. It also holds more cargo, and has a dvd. All for less than Tahoe or Expedition.

2004 Hemi Durango
By Hemiman on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Having traded a 2001 Durango for this I see only improvements. The vehicle handles as if it is much smaller than it is and rides considerable better that it earlier verisons. With the Hemi it tows effortlessly, better than any vehicle I have driven. When not towing, from quick starts to high speed passing this vehicle pulls hard and accelerates more better than any other SUV I have been in. As far as cargo space is concerned, it is enormous. You can't miss with this vehicle as long as you have a gas credit card (preferable with rewards for heavy use).

what a beautiful detroit made vehicle!
By big walt on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

this suv is a terrific vehicle. it is a vastly improved design over the old durango. the handling, the engineering, the interior are all extraordinary. i could not be more pleased with my purchase.

Great Ride
By bjones on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice physical design inside and out. Dodge is leading the pack once again. It is the only company that made significant changes to the 04 SUV's. It's larger than the older Durnago model, but smaller than the larger Tahoe's and Denali's. Not to mention about 5-10k less... with leather and a 6 CD/MP3 changer.

I Love my 2004 Durango 4x4
By kaleigh on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I cannot say enough good about my durango! It handles like a car, has a decent quiet ride. The gas mileage doesn't bother me, I was driving an old 4x4 jeep, and itwas the same! The vehicle is heavy enough that I feel safe, there is plenty of room and I sit high enough that I can see what's going on all around me. And, the entire staff where I bought it are great!

the best
By Dave oocp on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car is great. It look way better then the old body style. Thes is a great car!!

not a van type of guy
By Zevner on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

as single dad raising seven kids by myself ive found a new luv with my durango it fits us all, it isnt as big and bulky as most suv's and isnt as expensive either